Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

What is a "Sideline Girl"?

On 3/26/2023 at 6:31 PM, BangkokReady said:

Possibly someone who as used prostitutes might want to deny that they caused someone harm.

I'm sure there are women who want to do it, but there has to be some that are experiencing trauma from it.

Everyone on the planet probably gets traumatised in their life, some more than others.

If a woman voluntarily becomes a prostitute, it could be for a variety of reasons, and some may do so because they are already traumatised, but if they have the ability to choose their customers ( as with Thai bargirls in the farang scene ) it's unlikely to happen from their work, IMO. It's not exactly hard work, after all, and IMO their biggest problem will be boring customers.

On 3/24/2023 at 3:54 PM, Danderman123 said:

That would describe most ladies who work on Beach Road. They have a 9 to 5 job, and go to Beach Road after work to look for one customer. And afterwards, go home to their Thai boyfriend.

Really? You need to get a grip on the modus operandi of the coconut bar girls before getting into any sideliners.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 6:06 PM, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely. There is nothing sinister or evil or terrible about sleeping with men for money, if it is consensual and the woman is of legal age. It is our overly puritanical views and double standards that make it so. 

Now that's the truth!

I met many Thai prostitutes that were nicer people than some of the western women I worked with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Everyone on the planet probably gets traumatised in their life, some more than others.

If a woman voluntarily becomes a prostitute, it could be for a variety of reasons, and some may do so because they are already traumatised, but if they have the ability to choose their customers ( as with Thai bargirls in the farang scene ) it's unlikely to happen from their work, IMO. It's not exactly hard work, after all, and IMO their biggest problem will be boring customers.

Decent treatise there.

Now, comb-overs and halitosis aside, why do (some) men chose to become (serial) punters?

Edited by NanLaew

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

one girl i met in the bars said she started doing that work because her boyfriend cheated on her .... with (drum roll) ... a ladyboy.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Decent treatise there.

Now, comb-overs and halitosis aside, why do (some) men chose to become (serial) punters?

Assuming you mean a serial user of Thai prostitutes, I can't speak for anyone else, as I didn't know any other guys that visited Thailand for that purpose, but I just couldn't be bothered with the BS a guy has to go through to get a western girl friend to have sex. I preferred knowing that I was going to get a happy ending, rather than buying a girl flowers, dinner and a movie and not knowing.

Also, no compromising. When I took a bar girl away for a week or more, I chose where to go, how to go, where to stay, what I was going to do while there ( she wasn't compelled to go on a 4 hour walk in the sun with me, but she had to be there when I got back ).

My holiday, my way.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

one girl i met in the bars said she started doing that work because her boyfriend cheated on her .... with (drum roll) ... a ladyboy.

I once took a BG out and she was very upset because some guy thought she was a ladyboy ( she definitely wasn't )!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's a very common story in Thailand: a girl falls in love with a Thai man, knocks out a kid or two, the Thai man loses interest in her and runs off. Not too many career choices for the lady, so she heads for Pattaya, while her mother takes care of the children. 

The question arises of whether the lady will actually save any money and send some home to mother, or blow her earnings on karaoke boys.

I know some ladies in their 40s who never got past the karaoke boy level.

So, I guess we could start a discussion on the ethics of being a karaoke boy. Were they traumatized, as well?

• Like 1