What is a "Sideline Girl"?

I remember long time ago when I was new in town and visited Thermae (first the original one with entrance through the kitchen and toilet). Because I was innocent and interested, I asked the girls about their jobs. I met lots of girls who told me they are a waitress or work somewhere in a shop, etc.

But then, when I took them home and they spend the night with me (which was normal at that time), not many had to get up early to go to work.

At that time, I was confused about that. Now, not so much anymore.

It seems many of the sideline girls are sideline girls because that makes some guys feel better. ???? 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, NextG said:

It means that she just does it for some cash on the side. She might be a student or have another career. 

That would describe most ladies who work on Beach Road. They have a 9 to 5 job, and go to Beach Road after work to look for one customer. And afterwards, go home to their Thai boyfriend.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember long time ago when I was new in town and visited Thermae (first the original one with entrance through the kitchen and toilet). Because I was innocent and interested, I asked the girls about their jobs. I met lots of girls who told me they are a waitress or work somewhere in a shop, etc.

But then, when I took them home and they spend the night with me (which was normal at that time), not many had to get up early to go to work.

It seems many of the sideline girls are sideline girls because that makes some guys feel better. ???? 

Some are. Some aren't. Many don't do it full time. Some guys are really hung up on whether or not they are part time. Some aren't. 

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

all love the thermae 1    is was     when the best times to comply with 1 night in bkk by murrey head

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

That would describe most ladies who work on Beach Road. They have a 9 to 5 job, and go to Beach Road after work to look for one customer. And afterwards, go home to their Thai boyfriend.

At least that is what they tell you. 

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I remember long time ago when I was new in town and visited Thermae (first the original one with entrance through the kitchen and toilet).

This guy has excellent videos on his channel (old footage and interesting history and details). The title of this particular video is a bit misleading (it covers most of Sukhumvit not just Nana) but Thermae is covered from around 4 minutes 38 seconds. They are great for a trip down memory lane but also at times somewhat sad, whether for what has now gone or for the realisation time stops for no one and for some of us our peak may well have passed. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Salerno said:

This guy has excellent videos on his channel (old footage and interesting history and details). The title of this particular video is a bit misleading (it covers most of Sukhumvit not just Nana) but Thermae is covered from around 4 minutes 38 seconds. They are great for a trip down memory lane but also at times somewhat sad, whether for what has now gone or for the realisation time stops for no one and for some of us our peak may well have passed. 

I saw a couple of his videos and in general I think he is well informed.

But it seems out of principle he does not cover the nightlife business like most others do.

The original Thermae was really something special. I remember reading in Internet Newsgroups (does anybody remember them?) about that place. And one guy wrote: You can't compare Thermae with anything. But if you want to compare it then the nearest thing is the bar in Star Wars. I agree.

image_a887390e.jpeg?region=0,0,586,329

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But it seems out of principle he does not cover the nightlife business like most others do.

I look on it as more of a channel that can bring back some happy memories for those around at the time, a visual strolling down memory lane if you will, rather than an in-depth nightlife history channel. Similar to driving around old hometowns passing a condo block or shopping centre that was in my younger days the site of legit or underground clubs. Bittersweet at times - brings back happy memories but also the realisation I'm turning into an old fart 555

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Many Western women weigh whether or not they are going to give up the "incredibly precious prize" with the quantity of nice meals, gifts, prizes, good wines and other "considerations", that a man has bestowed upon them.

lol... I am just waiting for one of those guys who is better than everyone else to come along and say, "I never paid for it".????

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

At least that is what they tell you. 

The women on beach road have substance issues, sick, too irresponsible even for bar work, a bit mad, new in town and desperate for cash. Finally, the rare one that is perhaps only a few of those and actually attractive. These are the mercenaries. They'll do as many punters as they can. Typhoid Mary's no doubt

Self respecting, full time prostitutes do not go to beach road. So, that's the level of individual you're doing with there the quality of individual you are dealing with there

So a friend told me

Edited by Menken
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/24/2023 at 2:38 PM, NextG said:

It means that she just does it for some cash on the side. She might be a student or have another career. 

How about a  fully sponsored gf or wife of a farang living & working outside of Thailand who goes with other guys on the side when she feels like (when he not here)?

Does that qualify as "sideline"?

Edited by mran66