No stamp in passport

Just now, DrJack54 said:

You must have received a stamp.

Visa exempt currently would give you a stamp with 45 day permission of stay. 

Yes I know it’s a 45 day but there is no stamp in my passport . I’m only here for 3 weeks to sort my daughters uk passport . Should I contact them ?

• Haha 1

While very rare, it has been known for someone to enter Thailand without getting the stamp in their passport. An example I remember was with someone flying through Savarnabhumi and and continuing to Chiang Mai on the same plane. It has also happened when arriving at land crossings. Any error of this nature needs to be addressed immediately.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BKKTRAVELER said:

I never understood why so many times they would leave many blank pages and stamp many pages later. 

Probably because they have no incentive to spend the extra few seconds looking for the next blank page.

Occasionally you get a super helpful IO who will go back, find an empty page, and use that. But mostly I guess they think "why bother"? I would if I was doing their job for their wages.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

I'll never understand the logic behind where immigration officers (not just here) place their incoming stamps (outgoing invariably go next to the relevant incoming). Is it just to annoy us or is there some mysterious reasoning.

Makes perfect sense to me. 

Easy visual display of an entry and exit stamp side by side.

Especially frequent flyers.

Here is snap of random pp page.

Makes sense. 

IMG_20230326_074204_444.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/25/2023 at 3:04 AM, goldenbrwn1 said:

Apologies just found it on the back page ( new passport ????) sorry again and thanks for those who responded ????

I arrived at Suvarnabhumi airport with a new passport in January and the arrival stamp was put on page 9.

• Haha 2

I put a little pink post it, ( very small Size ones) when there’s something difficult to find.  I also have a Burmese visa from 2019 and many hôtel check ins have given me strange looks until Î point out it’s not my photo page !!! It’s on the first page.  

2 hours ago, The Theory said:

Always check your passport stamps and date of stamp before you leave any immigration border/airport/office to avoid later head aches. ????

Spot on.

In 10 years here with extensions and reentry permits only happened to me once.

To be fair as I was checking my pp after leaving the io called me back.

Was sorta a dead heat. 

Being very frequent flyer I always draw attention to my reentry permit few pages back after that experience. 

On 3/26/2023 at 7:46 AM, DrJack54 said:

Makes perfect sense to me. 

Easy visual display of an entry and exit stamp side by side.

Especially frequent flyers.

Here is snap of random pp page.

Makes sense. 

IMG_20230326_074204_444.jpg

not really.

in general, immigration officers of any country could use the space much more efficiently.

in your example, even if it's one of the better ones I have seen, they still could easily have placed 4 pairs of stamps on each page instead of 3.

I also had some stamps that take less than half a page of space put in the dead center of a page. Obviously, it's not the IO who are paying for my new passports.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

not really.

in general, immigration officers of any country could use the space much more efficiently.

in your example, even if it's one of the better ones I have seen, they still could easily have placed 4 pairs of stamps on each page instead of 3.

I also had some stamps that take less than half a page of space put in the dead center of a page. Obviously, it's not the IO who are paying for my new passports.

What the heck is your point.

Do you want me to post another zillion pages showing stamps side by side ...exit/reentry. 

On 3/25/2023 at 9:01 AM, goldenbrwn1 said:

Yes I know it’s a 45 day but there is no stamp in my passport . I’m only here for 3 weeks to sort my daughters uk passport . Should I contact them ?

not trying to be smart..i always check the stamp the in their presence..quite often they put the wrong date and squeeze the arrival stamp in on a previous page..worth checking!

Edited by tandor
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Pointing out you do not read posts correctly.

Funny.

Clearly you missed my post early doors I posted.....

"Make sure you look at every page to make sure it was io error."

Guess what the OP read my post and found his stamp. 

????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Funny.

Clearly you missed my post early doors I posted.....

"Make sure you look at every page to make sure it was io error."

Guess what the OP read my post and found his stamp. 

????

Irrelevant excuses. 

An apology to the poster you misread wouldn't go amiss.

The pigs are AF'd, BF'd and ready to fly.