When the farang do gooders take over

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

the church

I'm no fan of the church either - it's corrupt in many ways and has become stuffed with people who aren't religious at all. The current Archbishop of Canterbury is a good example: he's just a politician who preaches wokery and most Christians I know don't like him one bit, and ignore him at the parish level. The same can also be said for Pope Francis. That said, Christianity as a belief is quite separate from the current church bureacrats, and those who follow Christianity seem to lead wholesome and happy lives, just as genuine Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims and Jews do.

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Go proselytize somewhere else

Now you're being unpleasant because you've run out of rational arguments. In none of my above posts did I say I'm a Christian myself, but I am tolerant of Christians, and I applaud them for finding happiness, in the same way I applaud other groups who do likewise. Quite unlike you, in fact. You seem rather envious of them, or you wouldn't be making such an issue out of nothing. 

Edited by sidneybear
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not envious of religious nut jobs. I lead a fulsome and happy life.

Fulsome and happy people generally don't go around attacking groups of happy people, simply because of what they believe in, so I'm saying you're contradicting yourself. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, sidneybear said:

Again, it's unfair, and even bigoted, to tarnish millions of Christians over the actions of a small minority of criminals. 

<nonsense snipped>

The problem is that the evil-doers use the hierarchy of the religion to hide behind, and the religion does nothing about it.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 10:05 AM, sidneybear said:

Christians generally keep a low profile theses days - there aren't many left and most keep to themselves and are are not like the ones the OP describes. 

The real zealots these days are the woke activists that take offence at any innocent comment. They denounce people, cancelling them and getting them fired for disagreeing with their creed and woke gospels. A wicked and intolerant lot, who have taken over many institutions in the west. Let's hope they don't get a foothold in Thailand, but thankfully Thailand is conservative in many ways so it's unlikely. 

Over 2 billion is quite a few more than not many left. It's a Christians duty to spread the word, but not in a overly pushy manner.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:12 AM, ozimoron said:

But for science you wouldn't be alive.

On 4/5/2023 at 10:37 AM, sidneybear said:

People were alive before scientific methods were developed, as you must know. 

Perhaps one of your ancestors wasn't thrown into the volcano because someone noticed that it didn't work.  Isn't observation (AKA science) grand?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Good on do gooders. In Australia if there air we breathe was dirty, if beaches were covered in rubbish, do gooders would stop it.

I reckon most are petty issues.

They cost the country a lot of money with their annoying issues at times.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1