When the farang do gooders take over

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

That was just a Microsoft propaganda piece! Very effective too, how many people remember or have even heard of  Lotus 1-2-3 nowadays ????‍♂️

I have fond memories of Lotus 1-2-3. The thrill we got when they released the WYSIWYG version. Print preview changed my life! ????

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, ozimoron said:

The language of this forum is English and nowhere will you find a definition of woke to support what you claim it means. Your use of the word is as an epithet, nothing more. In fact the dictionary definition of the word is precisely the opposite of what you claim it to mean.

problem is you being part of the woke brigade you refuse to accept the truth about what it does. There is nothing wrong with being gay etc but there is something wrong when people try to push it on very young children which is why certain books are banned because they are far too descriptive in what they push, oral sex, anal sex etc. Kids need to be kids and allowed to learn as they grow and mature, not have woke mantras pushed onto them in an effort to normalize certain things/agendas. 

Edited by seajae
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, seajae said:

problem is you being part of the woke brigade you refuse to accept the truth about what it does. There is nothing wrong with being gay etc but there is something wrong when people try to push it on very young children which is why certain books are banned because they are far too cesdriptive in what they push, oral sex, anal sex etc. Kids need to be kids and allowed to learn as they grow and mature, not have woke mantras pushed onto them in an effort to normalize certain things/agendas. 

Nobody but nobody is pushing sexuality on very young children.At the age that it is appropriate for them to understand the difference between men and women it is also appropriate for them to understand that not everyone is a man or a woman. Failure to accept that sexuality is not binary is sheer ignorance.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I thought today I hope Thailand or other Asian countries (Cambodia)  never gets over run by the Christian do gooders or moral police or whatever you want to call these farangs who come to live in Thailand but want to change it !

Don't tar all Christians with the same brush.

The best human being I ever met was Father Ray who started the Pattaya orphanage. A wonderful man.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The woke ( even before we knew what woke is ) banned Enid Blyton children's books in Libraries, despite them being very, very popular.

Before you misunderstood and still misunderstand what woke is? Is popularity a measure of acceptability for books? Many of the books DeSantis wants banned are wildly popular and some were on my compulsory reading list in English at high school in the 60's. So, by your logic, you'd disagree with DeSantis that they should be banned?

20 hours ago, spongeworthy said:

Banned from school libraries. They are not banned from printing. Lefties and the righties both have list of books they don't want used in school lessons.  Publishers caved to woke leftists by no longer selling certain Dr. Suess books because there were a few animations they didn't like.

The list of people and topics lefties have cancelled and are trying to ban on all types of platforms increases by the day.

Edited by garet
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Don't tar all Christians with the same brush.

The best human being I ever met was Father Ray who started the Pattaya orphanage. A wonderful man.

But the point is, Father Ray, and most missionaties are trying to convert Thais into Christians or Catholics. Many of them do good work, but their deepest motive remains to convert Buddhists/Hindus/Muslims/ and any non-Christians because they will go to to hell if they don't convert.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, garet said:

But the point is, Father Ray, and most missionaties are trying to convert Thais into Christians or Catholics. Many of them do good work, but their deepest motive remains to convert Buddhists/Hindus/Muslims/ and any non-Christians because they will go to to hell if they don't convert.

You obviously never met Father Ray then. I was fortunate enough to do so.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Nobody but nobody is pushing sexuality on very young children.At the age that it is appropriate for them to understand the difference between men and women it is also appropriate for them to understand that not everyone is a man or a woman. Failure to accept that sexuality is not binary is sheer ignorance.

Sexuality is up to the individual, gender is entirely biological. If someone wants to live as the opposite sex, go ahead, I've got no problem with it, but don't try to make up new genders and pronouns for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Sexuality and gender are not the same thing. Gender is determined by chromosomes, while sexuality is mental and can change ( and change back ).

American missionaries have always been around Thailand and Asia. I see the do-gooder American university students make a swing through my village every year looking for converts. They always start by offering to teach practice English, and then they try to take them to a church they've planted. Now there are actually an equal number of Koreans doing the same thing. I just read that Nepal, in the birthplace of Buddha, Korean missionaries are over-running the place trying converting Hindus, with some success.

Some missionaries do some good things, but their ultimate goal is to convert the Buddhists, and any other heathens. That is why they come here, they think 99% of the country (all the non-Christians) will go to hell unless they convert.

19 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Then, a Christian burial does not ensure reincarnation..As Thais believe????

No no no, you've got it all wrong, it's real Thai thinking - agree and smile, when do what you like out of sight and remember, there's money to be collected at completion. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The woke ( even before we knew what woke is ) banned Enid Blyton children's books in Libraries, despite them being very, very popular.

We had little Black Sambo books in the infants school, I expect he went on the bin ages ago! ????They go for a lot on ebay these days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_of_Little_Black_Sambo

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, proton said:

We had little Black Sambo books in the infants school, I expect he went on the bin ages ago! ????

Along with the golliwog doll's and kids ditties - eeny meeny miny moe catch a xxxxx by the toe

21 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

There is a lot of projection from the right-wing. If you look at who is banning books and free-speech in America, it is mostly coming from Christian nationalists and other far-right groups, and even the GOP now as they seemed to have been taken over by the MAGA crowd. 

It is not the MAGA conservative crowd that wants to make changes hell most conservatives that come here love Cowboy and walking.  It is the Left-leaning do-gooders,

But either way, if you want to change things then please just change your mind and do not get of the plane or better yet just make your flight to California

I still remember the American girls that go t on the stage in 2014 to protest and give support. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Along with the golliwog doll's and kids ditties - eeny meeny miny moe catch a xxxxx by the toe

Not forgetting the purging of the Golly off the jam jars and that 'racist' uncle Ben on the packs of rice etc. Censoring the N work only applies to non blacks of course, they use it with impunity, odd if it's so 'offensive'. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, proton said:

Not forgetting the purging of the Golly off the jam jars and that 'racist' uncle Ben on the packs of rice etc. Censoring the N work only applies to non blacks of course, they use it with impunity, odd if it's so 'offensive'. 

And Coon cheese in Aust. that was named after an American cheese maker (family name Coon). 

A story around prior to its demise was Sammy Davis Jr visiting Aust brought some for his mates back in the US. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

And Coon cheese in Aust. that was named after an American cheese maker (family name Coon). 

A story around prior to its demise was Sammy Davis Jr visiting Aust brought some for his mates back the US. 

Never heard of that one, here we had Blackman mops until recently Darkie toothpaste went some time back to Darlie

• Like 2

I saw some of the footage from what I assume the OP is on about. It was in Western Sydney.  Probably a good hour or more on the train from the city, if they were even running. So the protestors were a small group maybe 10 or 15. The leader of One Nation in NSW Mark Latham was speaking at a church alongside some other speakers, it was part of his election campaign. He often talks in disparaging terms about the gender issues being taught to very young children in the State Education system. Lately these sorts of protests have been very well attended by both sides and the progressives are usually very well prepared with megaphones, chants and tactics, as evidenced in the centre of Sydney next to the University one or two days before.

On this occasion they were completely outnumbered  by a large number of people, mostly males maybe Lebanese who were behaving aggressively. The police also in very small numbers were forced to huddle around the protestors in between some cars. The police tried to get Latham not to speak but he went ahead anyway. So really I don't get the OP no one was trying to convert anyone it was just the typical deal these days. Yesterday in Auckland NZ a very large number of progressives, aggressively and somewhat violently forced a womans right speaker from England sometimes known as Posie Parker to cancel. Police were nowhere to be seen. So I don't hold with the notion that the progressive tide is being held up at all, quite the opposite. I may not agree with some of it but in these times old fart's opinions count for zip.

17 hours ago, spongeworthy said:

Now do you have a link to your claim above that there is actually a law in Florida that is called " Don't say gay "? Or have critics and/or the media given it that name? 

Edited by alex8912