When the farang do gooders take over

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Or maybe, just maybe, they now feel more comfortable to come out than in previous decades.

There's no maybe about it - they certainly feel more comfortable "coming out" now; young people are actively encouraged and incentivized to adopt any "marginalized identity" they can.

But the accompanying idea that there was an invisible transgender army back in the 1960s who were pressured socially not to reveal themselves doesn't fly, according to the data. Because parallel to the explosion of people identifying as "transgender" has come a corresponding huge increase in suicide among young people, especially the transgender ones, showing that this is a new and tragic phenomenon which is being promoted by activists and enabled by social media.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

20 hours ago, Eleftheros said:

It's a toxic mix of narcissism, resentment and self-loathing, enabled and boosted by the artificial world of social media. It encourages the view that "if I say I am something, then I am that thing, and anyone who denies that is a bigot encouraging genocide."

That way, madness and destruction lie.

What a strange take.  With the advances in LGBT+ rights in the last ten years, including equal marriage, parent rights etc. no wonder Gen-Z ers are more comfortable in expressing their sexuality.  I'm surprised it's not more. 

And there are always going to be one or two who incorrectly claim they're gay. But remember these are straight people. As a rule people don't queue up to be victimized.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

I 100% believe this was social conditioning that convinced an impressionable person. What's even more interesting is that he may have not actually done anything gay with another man but was hiding it to keep up appearances. 

Shouldn't the only appropriate response in this girl-friend chasing cohort here be:

Please go gay like crazy -more for me?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Eleftheros said:

There's no maybe about it - they certainly feel more comfortable "coming out" now; young people are actively encouraged and incentivized to adopt any "marginalized identity" they can.

But the accompanying idea that there was an invisible transgender army back in the 1960s who were pressured socially not to reveal themselves doesn't fly, according to the data. Because parallel to the explosion of people identifying as "transgender" has come a corresponding huge increase in suicide among young people, especially the transgender ones, showing that this is a new and tragic phenomenon which is being promoted by activists and enabled by social media.

Are you saying that there was no transgenders until recently? Well there's plenty of historical fact to say that is complete nonsense starting with  https://historicengland.org.uk/research/inclusive-heritage/lgbtq-heritage-project/trans-and-gender-nonconforming-histories/20th-century-trans-histories/

Unlike gay or lesbians, transgenders are more noticeable in appearance so of course most of it used to be behind closed doors and since an actual sex change wasn't possible until the 60's, most of them would just settle for dressing in Aunty Betty's posh frock.

But I don't disagree with a 'huge increase in suicide among young people, especially the transgender ones' because there is still very little understanding around for them, perpetuated by an increasingly vocal conservative crowd who are using what is essentially a medical issue for political purpose. And this idea that 'activists and social media' are somehow creating transgenders is just absolute nonsense as anyone with any idea of how much a young person has to go through to actually change sex (have to be over 18, capacity to make a fully informed decision determined by a qualified phyciatrist, showing a regular and persistant trait of gender dysmorphia, regular psychiatric evaluations) knows that it is not a decision that is taken lightly or indeed even allowed without a great deal of boxes needing to be ticked.    

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

25 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

It's not a "medical issue"; .there is nothing physically wrong with these people (to begin with, anyway).

It is a psychological issue, and should be treated as such. Apart from the transgender issue, there are now considerable numbers of young people who identify as trans-species, that is, they identify as cats, or wolves, or "otherkins", and demand to be treated as that animal at all times.

I do not think that it is beneficial to society to continually give in to these childish delusions, which gain a lot of airplay on social media and are most definitely encouraged as healthy alternative lifestyles.

A final note: it is simply wrong to suggest that you have to be over 18 to engage in this process. One of the main preliminaries is the use of puberty blockers, and the Mayo Clinic says that treatment can begin around the ages of 10 and 11. These are not harmless drugs; they use the same drug that is given to "chemically castrate" rapists.

Once again, I do not support a society that allows children of these ages (and younger) to make profoundly life-altering decisions, especially when they are being pushed and manipulated towards those decisions by activists and social media.

The fact you are quoting sensationalist nonsense such as 'identify as cats, or wolves, or "otherkins", and demand to be treated as that (sic) animal at all times' tells me everyting I need to know about your take on all this.

Mental health is still a medical issue (it doesn't have to be just physical to be a medical issue) and although puberty blockers can be allowed at a younger age it still has to be under the guidance of a qualified psychiatrist and a great deal of boxes need to be ticked for these things to happen. There is no stage at that age where the child themselves is allowed to make any of these decisions, they MUST get the consent of their legal gaurdian and a qualified psychiatrist. And if both these parties (especially the psychiatrist) deems it appropriate, who are you to lecture an expert on the matter?

I'll leave you with this. 1 in 8 people in the world live with a mental disorder so if a child of say for example a 10 years old is demonstrating sociopathic tendancies (killing cats in the neighbourhood, self-harming, extreme behaviour) do you think it's appropriate that they get the proper psychiatric treatment to help them? If you do then I see no difference to these cases. Gender dysphoria is a well documented psychiatric condition and if left untreated can lead to suicide. These children are just getting the medical treatment they need until they are 18 years old and able then, as an adult, to make the life changing decision about a sex change. What you personally think or what your morality dictates doesn't (and shouldn't) have any bearing on what is and should always be a medical matter.       

Edited by johnnybangkok
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, johnnybangkok said:

Wasn't talking about general morality, just yours.

Protecting children is general morality, and part of that is understanding that they are not mature enough to make life-changing decisions. We don't even hold children criminally liable for their acts until ages around 12-13, and there are equally good reasons for forbidding them from drinking alcohol, smoking, and so on.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

I used to have a friend in his early 20's that was gay and once he entered his 30s is turned out he was straight now! 

[/quote]

So slipping the pink oboe up his jacksie was just an accident then? ????

When he did hit his 30s, I wonder how interested the straight women were in his STD-infected penis...

Guys who go gay/bi in their 20s never consider that, purely for health reasons, straight women might want NOTHING to do with them in future. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Gotta agree (without the ponderous judgement part).

A bi-woman? Possibly a little hot to guys.

A bi-guy? Very few takers among Jane-Average; a total groin dryer.

But he knows that going in and to forget about the George Michael behind a bush in a park life-phase.

42 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

Protecting children is general morality, and part of that is understanding that they are not mature enough to make life-changing decisions. We don't even hold children criminally liable for their acts until ages around 12-13, and there are equally good reasons for forbidding them from drinking alcohol, smoking, and so on.

Agreed. They aren't mature enough to make life-changing decisions. They certainly aren't mature enough to take criminal responsibility and of course they shouldn't drink or smoke. But when it comes to mental health issues, there are experts to decide what is best for the child and to recommend the appropriate action.

As I have said to you already, no child is making these decisions unilaterally; the legal guardians are involved and there are qualified experts who work out the appropriate treatment, which in some extreme cases is puberty blockers.

One more time; it's a medical issue.

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

Unless it's a ladyboy reach around scenario, as has been delightfully explored here a few times, I think it's deranged to give trans people even a passing thought, let alone worrying about if they're going to ruin society.

If I had a child who wanted to undergo surgery for a sex change, I wouldn't be thrilled. 

As far as complete strangers, I have no emotional attachment to anything they do. 

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Agreed. They aren't mature enough to make life-changing decisions. They certainly aren't mature enough to take criminal responsibility and of course they shouldn't drink or smoke. But when it comes to mental health issues, there are experts to decide what is best for the child and to recommend the appropriate action.

As I have said to you already, no child is making these decisions unilaterally; the legal guardians are involved and there are qualified experts who work out the appropriate treatment, which in some extreme cases is puberty blockers.

One more time; it's a medical issue.

I am glad that I don't need to think about moral issues for myself, nor do I need take on the burden of pondering the moral direction of the society I live in, because there are mental health experts and qualified medical experts who can do all of the thinking and deciding for me. 

I am going to ignore all of the accumulated wisdom of humanity, like art, literature, philosophy and moral writings.

(Anyone up for a book burning/deleting/censoring event?)

Thank you. You have freed up so much time and energy that I can now spend on Instagram and in the Metaverse. I feel liberated & guiltless. Pass the gimp suit. Lube me up. I am free.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

If I had a child who wanted to undergo surgery for a sex change, I wouldn't be thrilled. 

As far as complete strangers, I have no emotional attachment to anything they do. 

Children aren't undergoing sex changes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LaosLover said:

I just don't get the obsession.

I virtually never think about gay people unless The Village People are playing on the radio. 

Full disclosure: The Indian Guy used to be my neighbor. Even then, I just thought of him as The Indian Guy.

If it were The Leatherman? Possibly a different outcome for me. The Construction Worker? Call that one a draw.

Trans-wise, the equilivent would be Caitlin Jenner (or whoever). I would defend his/her (whatever) right to be that way, but I would go out of my way to not ever think about him/her with his/her clothes off.

People here who worry constantly about what these people are doing or might do are a mystery to me. You would have to actively seek them out to have any involvement with them at all.

The Indian Guy? A little stand offish, to be honest. Tho during 9/11, he did know a guy to call up to buy pot from.

Unless it's a ladyboy reach around scenario, as has been delightfully explored here a few times, I think it's deranged to give trans people even a passing thought, let alone worrying about if they're going to ruin society.

People do worry about it PRECISELY because they believe that it does have broader effects on the whole society. If it didn't affect broader society, people might be a little grossed out (cock in the poop hole!) but otherwise wouldn't care at qll.

Have you ever considered that some of the stories we are constantly fed in the west.... Might be <deleted>?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, rose33 said:

People do worry about it PRECISELY because they believe that it does have broader effects on the whole society. If it didn't affect broader society, people might be a little grossed out (cock in the poop hole!) but otherwise wouldn't care at qll.

Have you ever considered that some of the stories we are constantly fed in the west.... Might be <deleted>?

<deleted> word was 'BS' written out in full. 

4 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

What you personally think or what your morality dictates doesn't (and shouldn't) have any bearing on what is and should always be a medical matter.

One of the least-thoughtful comments I've ever read on a forum.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

it's a professional looking web site.

so it must be fact-checked, right?

thanks, i learned 2 new words today - ze and hir

• Ze has an appointment today. I will take hir to the exam room.

+1

I always side with a slick website, contemporary design and smart-sounding words, over the time-tested values that my ancestors were willing to fight and die for.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1