Rust in new BT 50

CPH

On 3/27/2023 at 5:17 PM, Kwasaki said:

Send copies of bills to Mazda head office saying if they won't do anything you'll go on facebook, tiktok etc etc and tell everyone about the treatment you have received.

With Thailand's defamation laws, if Mazda really doesn't think that the OP has a case, they'll let him do that!

15 minutes ago, Dan O said:

Not in thailand. Proof is not given any credence in Thailand  if a defamation suit is brought. Defamation is damaging someone's reputation which according to thai's version of law can still occur even if there is concrete proof. With that said far too much is made of defamation on this site as it's seldom pursued except in very rare occasions

Well i will not argue kind of suggested get the truck sorted it will not cost as much as lawyer.

My advice to OP is take the truck to a good Cockpit outlet in future to get the truck taken care of professionally..

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Never mind it needs underseal treatment well worth the cost..

I don't disagree with that, what I find strange is how a three-month old car with 1500km on the clock (and no photos) can really be as "corroded" as the OP claims.  And, if it is, why wouldn't the dealer have it rectified under the warranty that would cost him nothing to do and be good PR?

On 3/27/2023 at 5:48 PM, Kwasaki said:

Proof can see defamation out the window.

Get the proof get the work done that's needed to get the truck up to scratch, don't leave it to get  worse.

So that's brings an important point; what evidence would be accepted by the manufacture and/or the consumer ptotection agency? I don't know the answer but some quick thoughts from a layman:

-Dated photos from different angles?

-Detailed/structured analysis report on the rust or corrosion which has been analysed by an accredited laboratory?

-Detailed rust/corrosion description by an accredited engineer?

Good luck.

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I don't disagree with that, what I find strange is how a three-month old car with 1500km on the clock (and no photos) can really be as "corroded" as the OP claims.  And, if it is, why wouldn't the dealer have it rectified under the warranty that would cost him nothing to do and be good PR?

The OP has had the vehicle for 3 months, it may be months older though.

9 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

He did get free insurance, as he stated in the OP.

You need to read it again, originally said "no insurance" then car salesperson came back saying they had "one car with free insurance". That is what I was talking about, the original comment of no insurance.  "In the first talks with the salesperson I was promised free insurance, but suddenly later on there was no free insurance. After some days she came back and said they had one car with free insurance"

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 6:23 PM, Lacessit said:

Corrosion of steel and aluminium would not occur on a 3-month old car, unless it has been driven in a severe marine environment. I doubt the car is new, its age can be verified with the VIN.

As for what to do, this is Thailand. Buyer beware.

It is produced sometime in 2021 according to the VIN number

4 minutes ago, CPH said:

It is produced sometime in 2021 according to the VIN number

What does the blue book say about owners, you may not be the first one, or it was flood damaged and parked up, probably trying to find someone to buy it....:whistling:

26 minutes ago, transam said:

What does the blue book say about owners, you may not be the first one, or it was flood damaged and parked up, probably trying to find someone to buy it....:whistling:

I still have red plate

7 minutes ago, CPH said:

I still have red plate

hmmmmm, you are now driving illegally...30 days on a red plate, chase them up, go to LTO and show them your paperwork..

Your purchase smells very fishy to me....:unsure:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, transam said:

I still have red plates, and that book does not say anything about t6his car, the details have not been filled in 

Looks like the lacquer on the wheels is breaking down and allowing the alloy to corrode.  Common on much older cars, and ones that have been driven regularly through seawater. On older cars you just remove the lacquer and polish the wheels.  Unusual on a new car though.

I see in the news that nine owners of defective Mazda 2's had to complain to the Consumer Protection department, and eventually Mazda were forced to pay compensation and recall all effected models.  Looks like you may have to make a formal complaint?

46 minutes ago, CPH said:

I still have red plates, and that book does not say anything about t6his car, the details have not been filled in 

That is suspicious in itself. The reg book for the red plate should reflect the vehicle currently using that plate. 

38 minutes ago, Kinnock said:

Looks like the lacquer on the wheels is breaking down and allowing the alloy to corrode.  Common on much older cars, and ones that have been driven regularly through seawater. On older cars you just remove the lacquer and polish the wheels.  Unusual on a new car though.

I see in the news that nine owners of defective Mazda 2's had to complain to the Consumer Protection department, and eventually Mazda were forced to pay compensation and recall all effected models.  Looks like you may have to make a formal complaint?

I think I will. Thank you for your reply

• Like 1

I have now found out that the car is produced in january 2021 and was used as a show room car. Must be the reason for the corrosion. The car looked fine outside and inside and unfortunately I did not look underneath as I assumed it was a new car. The odometer showed 89 km.  

50 minutes ago, CPH said:

I have now found out that the car is produced in january 2021 and was used as a show room car. Must be the reason for the corrosion. The car looked fine outside and inside and unfortunately I did not look underneath as I assumed it was a new car. The odometer showed 89 km.  

Did they tell you it was a used ride when you bought it....?

3 hours ago, CPH said:

If you got red plates you aint got a book.

Edited by Ralf001