Rust in new BT 50

CPH

I believe you have bought what they class as an Activity Car , could be a showroom, test drive or motor show vehicle.

Usually a year or two old and most likely not sold before.

GWM are clearing their Activity Cars at the moment, Jolion and H6 with around 150/160k discount depending on model.

5 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I believe you have bought what they class as an Activity Car , could be a showroom, test drive or motor show vehicle.

Usually a year or two old and most likely not sold before.

GWM are clearing their Activity Cars at the moment, Jolion and H6 with around 150/160k discount depending on model.

Doesn't matter what the truck was he has it, so he should just pay little bit more to protect it from serious corrosion problems. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

So you think he should just accept being sold a two year old car as new ?

What choice does he have when he bought the truck already and taken delivery of said truck and paid for it, contact complete, tough make the best of it and take care it is treated and corrodes no more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That's just surface rust on steel, it's not corroded through

Yep it's nothing that a proffesional undersealing job couldn't take care of. 

My truck is OK at the moment but I will get it properly cleaned and undersealed as I intend to keep it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It wasn't two years old when he bought it.

“ I have now found out that the car is produced in january 2021 and was used as a show room car. Must be the reason for the corrosion. The car looked fine outside and inside and unfortunately I did not look underneath as I assumed it was a new car. The odometer showed 89 km.  

Close enough 

On 3/31/2023 at 12:38 PM, Kinnock said:

Looks like the lacquer on the wheels is breaking down and allowing the alloy to corrode.  Common on much older cars, and ones that have been driven regularly through seawater. On older cars you just remove the lacquer and polish the wheels.  Unusual on a new car though.

I see in the news that nine owners of defective Mazda 2's had to complain to the Consumer Protection department, and eventually Mazda were forced to pay compensation and recall all effected models.  Looks like you may have to make a formal complaint?

Formal complaint to Izuzu ?

The OP does not need to worry about defamation, thinking the Mazda a going to sue a customer that for complaining about perceived quality issues is silly. 

If the OP squeaks direct to Mazda they will likely make it right. He won't get a new vehicle but they might clean up his wheels and give him an undercoat of some-such.

In any evert, there does not seem to be anything to really worry about. 

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Nothing in the photos suggests fire damage or fatique.

A mate of mine had his car stolen a few years back, it was burnt out, he restored it but he had similar issues beneath after 1 year.

Edited by Cricky
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Cricky said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

A mate of mine had his car stolen a few years back, it was burnt out, he restored it but he had similar issues beneath after 1 year.

So?  Nothing in those photos suggests fire damage.

7 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It wasn't two years old when he bought it.

“ I have now found out that the car is produced in january 2021 and was used as a show room car. Must be the reason for the corrosion. The car looked fine outside and inside and unfortunately I did not look underneath as I assumed it was a new car. The odometer showed 89 km.  

Close enough 

"Close enough" for your narrative, yes, but it wasn't two years old when he bought it...if it was, he would have responded to those who asked him the date he bought it.

13 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:
51 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Close enough" for your narrative, yes, but it wasn't two years old when he bought it...if it was, he would have responded to those who asked him the date he bought it.

Expand  

How old was it then ??

The OP won't say so it's pretty safe to presume that it wasn't two years old, if it was, he would have answered the questions about that.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The OP won't say so it's pretty safe to presume that it wasn't two years old, if it was, he would have answered the questions about that.

Give it a rest, go and have a beer and wait for OP to report back. ????????

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:
12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Give it a rest, go and have a beer and wait for OP to report back.

Why not tell the bloke who brought it up again by asking me the fcking question to give it a rest!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kinnock said:

Office of the Consumer Protection Board (OCPB)

Ahhh ok, so complain to neither Izuzu or Mazda.

Given the vehicle was 12 to 18 months old and secondhand at time of purchase I doubt OCPB will do much.

Edited by Ralf001
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/1/2023 at 6:19 PM, Liverpool Lou said:
On 4/1/2023 at 5:40 PM, Cricky said:
On 4/1/2023 at 9:57 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

So?  Nothing in those photos suggests fire damage

Yep, you are right.

Same with my mates restoration, nothing suggested my mates car was in an inferno but around 12 months he had similar issues.

Edited by Cricky
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/1/2023 at 4:50 PM, Yellowtail said:

The OP does not need to worry about defamation, thinking the Mazda a going to sue a customer that for complaining about perceived quality issues is silly. 

If the OP squeaks direct to Mazda they will likely make it right. He won't get a new vehicle but they might clean up his wheels and give him an undercoat of some-such.

In any evert, there does not seem to be anything to really worry about. 

Mazda wont acknowledge the warranty claim. They say more or less it is our own fault