Rust in new BT 50

CPH

If you purchased this truck brand new, straight away I would have walked away when they said no free insurance for the first year. Am sure every dealership/brand gives insurance for the first year, all most a standard sales add on. With all the Chinese car makers opening showrooms in Thailand, the car market has become very competitive.

My comments do not help you on how to fix the problem, it may be worth complaing to Mazda parent company? Good Luck

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Look at the manufacturing date of your seat belts. You can find a small label at the bottom of your seat belt. This gives you a pretty good idea on how old the car is.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Is there some information missing from your post. You say that you bought the car new, and it is now only 3 months old. As far as I know, all Mazda cars come with a 3 year warranty from new, so I don’t understand why you have problem.

Mazda dealer won't recognice the warranty claim. He says it is my own fault and due to the way the car is driven, even though it has only been driven at larger roads

6 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Minor surface corrosion is common on full chassis vehicles so nothing new there on the BT-50.

Mazda will not change the chassis under warranty, nor will any other manufacturer.

There is also corrosion on the alu wheels

1 hour ago, CPH said:

There is also corrosion on the alu wheels

Ali corrosion you can get cleaned up. 

Underside chassis protection would be worth getting done. 

Send copies of bills to Mazda head office saying if they won't do anything you'll go on facebook, tiktok etc etc and tell everyone about the treatment you have received.

Get it done anyhow now you got it and keep the bills to show future buyers you have taken care. 

Edited by Kwasaki

17 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Send copies of bills to Mazda head office saying if they won't do anything you'll go on facebook, tiktok etc etc and tell everyone about the treatment you have received.

This being Thailand, that's a good way to land yourself a defamation suit.

Better to complain to a) Mazda corporate office in BKK and if not luck then b) Office of Consumer Protection Board.

Complaints to a) need to be made in writing and dated. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, BKKBike09 said:

Better to complain to a) Mazda corporate office in BKK and if not luck then b) Office of Consumer Protection Board.

Proof can see defamation out the window.

Get the proof get the work done that's needed to get the truck up to scratch, don't leave it to get  worse.

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

In Thailand, something can be true and accurate and still considered defamation. Plus put it on social media and that's a Computer Crime Act violation thrown in for good measure. 

Which is why defamation and CCA are both frequently weaponised by people with money. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BKKBike09 said:

In Thailand, something can be true and accurate and still considered defamation. Plus put it on social media and that's a Computer Crime Act violation thrown in for good measure. 

Which is why defamation and CCA are both frequently weaponised by people with money. 

No oh! No the law in Thailand is what is reasonable which is what the law is. 

What are you so scared of.? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Corrosion of steel and aluminium would not occur on a 3-month old car, unless it has been driven in a severe marine environment. I doubt the car is new, its age can be verified with the VIN.

As for what to do, this is Thailand. Buyer beware.

9 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

My wife and I had a problem with a truck we had bought. The issue couldn't be resolved between us and the dealer. We then contacted the makers head office in Bangkok and a meeting was set up between us, head office and the dealer. Still no agreement.

After this we went to the Consumer Protection Board at Chaeng Watanna. Again, a meeting was set up between us and the dealer, with OCPB mediating. The dealer still didn't budge on the issue and left the meeting. The officer at OCPB suggested that we take the dealer to court and helped my wife to put our case together.

On the day of the court case the dealer upped their offer to an additional 5 years free servicing including parts and labour (Worth 24,000 baht.....We were claiming 20,000), and VIP discount on any other work that needs carrying out over the 5 year period.

Stick to your guns if you aren't happy. The OCPB are very sympathetic to consumer complaints.

We've had the truck serviced twice at the dealership since the problem was resolved, and receive good service from them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

A  mazda  3 I bought Brand NEW  in UK rusted badly  and the UK dealer also  refused to do anything even when the  roof rusted through at 1 year old !!!!!  apart from that It was a superb car , I returned it to the finance company who got me a full refund  and I bought a Nissan Note that has been perfect over last 9 years

I wont ever buy another Mazda  , great cars good engines  but poorly galvanised and thin paint and crummy dealers

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/27/2023 at 5:48 PM, Kwasaki said:

Get the proof get the work done that's needed to get the truck up to scratch, don't leave it to get  worse.

Not in thailand. Proof is not given any credence in Thailand  if a defamation suit is brought. Defamation is damaging someone's reputation which according to thai's version of law can still occur even if there is concrete proof. With that said far too much is made of defamation on this site as it's seldom pursued except in very rare occasions

On 3/27/2023 at 7:43 AM, AhFarangJa said:

You can get an idea of the manufacture date by two ways, sometimes a sticker inside the door well of the drivers side, or by looking at the v.i.n. number. With the v.i.n. I believe the 10th. character is the year of manufacture. Could give you some idea of how old it is.

...as can the label on the seatbelts near the bottom mounting bolt.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/27/2023 at 8:33 AM, stupidfarang said:

If you purchased this truck brand new, straight away I would have walked away when they said no free insurance for the first year.

He did get free insurance, as he stated in the OP.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 3/27/2023 at 3:25 PM, CPH said:

Mazda dealer won't recognice the warranty claim. He says it is my own fault and due to the way the car is driven, even though it has only been driven at larger roads

You need to explain that in more detail.  The dealer has no reason to deny a genuine warranty claim because he wouldn't be paying for it, Mazda would be.

Edited by Liverpool Lou