Thailand is no longer the Land of smiles.

bob smith

4 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

Ditto Brother.

The wrath of an Isaan woman is to be much feared, no smiling involved!

Curiously I was visiting my son a few weeks ago, and the topic came up of 'keeping your head down' when Mom was on the warpath!

And don't worry about the old saying " let commonsense prevail " it simply doesn't happen. Unlike Thai guys we don't give our wives a decent slap. I'd rather stop her cash flow for a week. As mine comes back begging for mercy.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, rose33 said:

'Thailand: Deadly Destination' by John Stapleton costs $6 as Amazon ebook.

Provides many facts & a decent analysis of the overall treatment of non-Thais in Thailand.

I was treated well by almost every Thai I interacted with.

IMO Stapleton can stick his book where the sun don't shine.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

And don't worry about the old saying " let commonsense prevail " it simply doesn't happen. Unlike Thai guys we don't give our wives a decent slap. I'd rather stop her cash flow for a week. As mine comes back begging for mercy.

That'd never have worked for me as my wife earned her own money and I didn't give her an "allowance".

19 hours ago, rose33 said:

'Thailand: Deadly Destination' by John Stapleton costs $6 as Amazon ebook.

Provides many facts & a decent analysis of the overall treatment of non-Thais in Thailand.

LOL...  Will John Stapleton be a millionaire in a month or two?

All the best!!!

15 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I do disagree .

Thais generally don't tolerate getting upset or losing face or anything they they feel is disrespectful to them 

They often seek vengeance for even the slightest upsettingment 

I guess, its a matter of opinion and per individuals choice of society. In ANY country, there will be characters similar to this - but NOT in general.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, rose33 said:

Yeah, very tolerant: they have sex with people that no one else would. They do business with criminals that no one else would. I agree with you, they are very tolerant indeed.

Great!

The self description is accepted.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Correct they can go to there local temple and eat free. 

Many people in our village do,  my Mrs takes food to the temple sometimes for the volunteer people to cook.

*makes note...logs on Thai friendly--sets location to pattaya* ???? thanks!

• Like 1

Since 2021 there has been a Thai Facebook group, and matching Thai Twitter hashtag. The translation into English is " let's move country ". It's made up of Thais who are so growing so despondent about the situation in Thailand that they are trying to start a new life elsewhere. The Facebook group had 600,000 members within its first few days.

11 hours ago, rose33 said:

Since 2021 there has been a Thai Facebook group, and matching Thai Twitter hashtag. The translation into English is " let's move country ". It's made up of Thais who are so growing so despondent about the situation in Thailand that they are trying to start a new life elsewhere. The Facebook group had 600,000 members within its first few days.

Let's be honest. How many of us would live in LOS if we had to live like a Thai, on a Thai average income?

I wouldn't.