Thai Drivers Urged to Pay Overdue Traffic Fines by April or Face Multiple Penalities

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Now I thought that if you were 2 weeks late paying 'a' fine you were fined for it, so it seems you may have a hefty bill when it comes to clearing your backlog to tax your car.....????

i have received tickets in the post 6 months after the offence????

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

and have their driving scores cut.

How does one find out how many points they have left on their licence.

I was stopped for speeding last month, paid my Bht 500 and that was it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

So those who have umpteen tickets from 5 years ago no penalty?  And if you don't pay just lose 1 point and 2000 baht?  But you gets your registration?  Seems like it should be 2000 and 1 point every day late.  I bet who ever controls the points is making bank.  But if you have a govt ID you don't need to worry about getting a ticket in the first place is what one gal told me as we sped up to CM

Edited by Elkski
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

April 1 deadline for paying outstanding traffic fines

By Peter Roche

image.png
Traffic police in Thailand

Don’t pay your fine, don’t receive your registration sticker.

As the deadline approaches, a government spokesperson reminded motorists that starting from April 1, unpaid traffic tickets would result in the withholding of the annual vehicle registration tax sticker, which is displayed on the windshield. Failure to display this sticker to traffic police would result in a maximum fine of 2,000 baht and a one-point reduction of the driver’s score.

Many motorists who received tickets for traffic violations have ignored paying the fines, assuming that the Department of Land Transport (DLT) database is not linked to the traffic police’s database. However, the Royal Thai Police Headquarters has been electronically submitting data to the DLT in real-time, allowing officials to determine which vehicles have been fined.

Motorists with unpaid traffic tickets can still renew their annual tax registration at the DLT, but they will receive a temporary receipt instead of the sticker, which can be shown to police instead. However, this receipt is only valid for 30 days, after which motorists will need to pay the fines to receive the sticker.

Full story: https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/national-news/april-1-deadline-for-paying-outstanding-traffic-fines/

Phuket Go

-- © Copyright Phuket GO 2023-03-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai authorities have called on Thai drivers to pay their traffic fine tickets by April 1st. Those who remain overdue on their payments for 30 days will be fined 2,000 baht and have their driving scores cut.

Best of luck.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, patman30 said:

moral of the story....
don't waste time paying your tickets throughout the year
when you can just pay them all in one go when you renew your tax

What percentage pay their tax?

• Like 1

Coming from western countries where you are held accountable,  most of us are responsible and pay these tickets.  Historically, Thailand has done nothing about this and most Thais I bet are use to not paying.  It will take time for Thais to adjust to the rules and their thinking on this, if ever.

I ???? Thailand ???????? 

1 point for speeding / mobile phone / zebra crossing 

2 point =  running a red light no rego or licence ???? 

3 points illegal street racing 

4 points  drink driving 

Get you points back after 1 yr 

I want to know is how many bhart is the fine  for the points system? 

In Australia lets say your drink driving speeding and  on your phone

You get a 120 000 b fine loss of licence for 6 to 12 months and all points gone for 3 yrs 

I ???? Thailand ???? 

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

Wake up guys. It says Thais. Right?  So we don’t have to worry about it. 

Well, perhaps it is perceived that frangy's never have a vehicle in their name, as their wife or GF own everything, which is probably 99% true.....????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, patman30 said:

moral of the story....
don't waste time paying your tickets throughout the year
when you can just pay them all in one go when you renew your tax

What tax sticker?  And dont have a licence anyways..

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Exactly, my B.I.L.'s truck tax sticker says 2560............and he has had it 6 years...........:w00t:

Think we all know that most stuff in LOS is incredibly laid back, nobody gives a stuff about anything. But it seems this is the start of authority realising they really could earn a few quid, legally.....????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, maddox41 said:

In Australia lets say your drink driving speeding and  on your phone

You get a 120 000 b fine loss of licence for 6 to 12 months and all points gone for 3 yrs 

Please explain, is it 12 or 36 month's ban. If you have no points left, you have no licence.

Fake news. There is no centralized database, and I doubt there ever will be. 

We have gotten countless speeding tickets, with the unrealistically low posted speeds on alot of highways, and ignored all of them. No issues with license renewal, nor registration renewal, ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

Think we all know that most stuff in LOS is incredibly laid back, nobody gives a stuff about anything. But it seems this is the start of authority realising they really could earn a few quid, legally.....????

yeah, many point out why this and not that, and the answer is so simple... whatever brings a buk....  notihing else matters...  ohhh no licence big problem whilst 5 kids no helmets or licences.. fly past (one might be a safety kid wearing her facemask..) go figure...

• Like 1