Thai Drivers Urged to Pay Overdue Traffic Fines by April or Face Multiple Penalities

snoop1130

I received two speeding fines last year from a trip from Chiang Mai to Phuket , 500 baht each , when I paid them I got a receipt with the No 1 on it , I then realised I was the probably the only person who  had ever paid 

Edited by Brick Top
Missing word
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DJ54 said:

Well that’s one upside of car registered in wife’s name…  no points on my drivers license..

Our lad had a fine in the post with photos of his mistake, he was in one of the photos...????

• Confused 2

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Fake news. There is no centralized database, and I doubt there ever will be. 

We have gotten countless speeding tickets, with the unrealistically low posted speeds on alot of highways, and ignored all of them. No issues with license renewal, nor registration renewal, ever. 

If you really think a government will let all of this money go by then you are in for a wake up call.

They will get their money one way or another.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Fake news. There is no centralized database, and I doubt there ever will be. 

We have gotten countless speeding tickets, with the unrealistically low posted speeds on alot of highways, and ignored all of them. No issues with license renewal, nor registration renewal, ever. 

It seems you are one of the reasons for the crackdown......:whistling:

Now they are going through the throes of not letting 'you' get away with putting 2 fingers up to the law.

No doubt it will take them time to line all the dots up, we will see.

Please let us know if you had to cough up, you will probably find out when your ride is next due for road tax...????................????

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 4 months later...
On 3/30/2023 at 8:05 AM, patman30 said:

not all cameras are speed cameras
not all cameras are working

'' Not all cameras are speed cameras' had one for crossing a lane solid white line about 6mts after, I was a little confused with traffic signs giving 2 directions to a city, it was safe to do so, no other traffic anywhere near me at that time. I think that can also be at the toll booths choosing which one to use. One on an express way I was doing 125 k.

• Confused 1

On 3/28/2023 at 5:18 PM, DJ54 said:

Well that’s one upside of car registered in wife’s name…  no points on my drivers license..

Is the Points System in operation now?

I got a speeding ticket 3 months ago, fined Bht 500, but nowt on my licence.

55 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

KhunLA, how recent is very recent as you speak for Smike? 2 months ago?, 5 months?

My SIL didn't pay her fine, I told her no problem, in May she went to pay the car tax and had to pay the fine so either SMike is bullsh*tting to support his earlier comment, or it was before the new regs or maybe he's just special....................

11 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Same here. Haven't paid a camera generated speeding ticket in 3 years.

3 years isn't recently.  Many people didn't which is why I told my SIL not to pay but she had to pay it when she went to tax the car. Recent tickets as she's only had the car since January this year.

1 hour ago, YorkshireTyke said:

KhunLA, how recent is very recent as you speak for Smike? 2 months ago?, 5 months?

My SIL didn't pay her fine, I told her no problem, in May she went to pay the car tax and had to pay the fine so either SMike is bullsh*tting to support his earlier comment, or it was before the new regs or maybe he's just special....................

Any and all replies are irrelevant, if at least since May, the system is now being instituted.

We all now have the answer, conversation over, unless you just want to argue when for sake of arguing and a few more clicks.

Any time this year is recent to me.  The regulation, have been in effect for a long time (relative) ????

If not for below post, I would have ignored replying at all.  For those with a glove box of citations, check them dates.

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

I think the statue of limitation is 2 yrs.

Either way, I'll keep using my cruise control set @ 60 & 90 kph when appropriate, as love P!ssin' the people off behind me.

Point system was suppose to go into effect Jan 9th

Edited by KhunLA

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Oh well, you better save up a few quid then...................????

(But I don't believe everything I read on here).  ????

• Sad 1

"Thai authorities have called on Thai drivers to pay their traffic fine tickets by April 1st. Those who remain overdue on their payments for 30 days will be fined 2,000 baht and have their driving scores cut."

2000 THB fine.  <laughs>  Whoo Hoo.  That will scare them, 'eh?  And they'll add - <gasp> - Driving Points!!!

I think Thailand traffic ticket system is like Drew Carey's Whose Line Is It Anyway.
"It's the game where everything's made up and the points don't matter."  :thumbsup:  Exactly! 

Edited by connda