Thousands of Russians and Ukrainians stranded in Thailand, including Phuket

snoop1130

14 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

Have you heard of crypto? Plus there are online p2p services directly exchanging Russian rubles to Thai baht. It's really not an issue.

How do they get Thai Baht from the crypto? 

All the Thai exchanges require longer term visas and/or work permits to use them as foreigners. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Nonsense? To most, home, means 'a home' i.e. House or Apartment. a frigging SAFE roof over your head .1578401753_imagesukrain.jpg.584b916ff76aaf7442d8ada726a3c835.jpg

Losing a home does not mean you cannot go back to your country-and fight for it. Do you think many got on a plane to come here just because their flat got bombed? I dont blame any of them for getting away from it, but they are by no means 'stranded'

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

It's about to get messy when all these extensions run out and the immigration computer starts flagging dozens, then hundreds, then possibly thousands of overstayers. 

A big loss of face coming, considering how strict they have been on overstay in the last few years! ????

You think they don't have 3000 baht for a border bounce?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, proton said:

Had a quick look, shocking how stupid and ill informed a lot of them are

Yep, especially those who believe Putin's propaganda about the Nazis in Ukraine, the oppression of the Russian speaking people etc.

Edited by JoseThailand
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

As many as they want, so far. It's been just 5 months since Thailand reopened the land borders.

They should travel heavy, eventually at some point they won't get in....... 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Doesn't matter if they have money for a border bounce, they won't be allowed to do do 'visa runs' perennially, and their luck will run out eventually. Refused to enter at a land border will be a real possibility. 

They Halcyon days of visa running to stay in Thailand indefinitely are long gone.

That's why there is a "fee" in place at the Thai border. You think the immigration crooks wanna lose this income stream?

2 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Yep, especially those who believe Putin's propaganda about the Nazis in Ukraine, the oppression of the Russian speaking people etc.

There was quote from the Wagner leader visiting Bakmut, "have not seen any signs of Ukrainian Nazism".....lol unbelievable.......lol

16 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

For the Ukrainians, there is no home

One would think them being patriots, they would be joining the army in one way or another to defend motherland instead of running away, but i guess adding a flag to their facebook profile and making a few comments is by far easier

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, BestB said:

One would think them being patriots, they would be joining the army in one way or another to defend motherland instead of running away, but i guess adding a flag to their facebook profile and making a few comments is by far easier

A lot of them are actually fighting. We must thank them. If not they, it could be us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I suspect the parents of 2.5 million children that have left Ukraine because of the invasion are proud of their flag and that the west is helping its soldiers to get back their homes.

as i said, by far easier to be a keyboard warrior by adding a flag to a profile and making a few comments than actually doing something

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, BestB said:

as i said, by far easier to be a keyboard warrior by adding a flag to a profile and making a few comments than actually doing something

Actually you said:

15 minutes ago, BestB said:

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Putins Army is putting blocking forces behind those of his at the front to keep them from retreating, and if they do they are shooting them as deserters just like in WW1 and WW2.....it's no wonder they are fleeing.

that s happening in Ukraine

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

stranded???? I think a better word is refusing.....They all can go home, no problem, but hey don't want..

So take your wife and kids back, with no home to live in, and the worry of being blown up on a daily basis, rape, murder...... 

• Like 2