Thousands of Russians and Ukrainians stranded in Thailand, including Phuket

snoop1130

Just now, edwinchester said:

Maybe they have a conscience and want nothing to do with Putin's illegal genocide in Ukraine.

Surely they can have nothing to do with it at home.... and if that's impossible, they are indeed draft dodgers. 

3 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Maybe they have a conscience and want nothing to do with Putin's illegal genocide in Ukraine.

and maybe they want to be inconspicuous so as not to draw attention to themselves,  that's what I was told as they know many from the west and EU consider them unwelcome.

• Like 1

Just now, steven100 said:

and maybe they want to be inconspicuous so as not to draw attention to themselves,  that's what I was told as they know many from the west and EU consider them unwelcome.

I think so..... they were very evident pre-Covid with a lot of complaints about drunkenness, atrociously ill mannered and somewhat arrogant... also getting into quite a few tab arguments. Not so much these days. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Letseng said:

For most there isn't. How do they survive in Thailand? In other countries they get refugee status & needed support, can work & start a new life. 

They couldn't have chosen a more hostile country to escape to..

With the exception of the rich of course.

They can always find ways to stay long term here..

17 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I really wish posts would not mention Russians and Ukrainians in the same sentence as if they are the same.

Further, if numbers are being quoted, I prefer to see separate numbers for R’s and U’s, it’s impossible to get a real picture without it, we’re just getting propaganda.

You sir understand things the proper way, no flag on the field of play, putting the red card back in the front pocket...

11 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

Slightly off topic, but just recently read an article about Bali locals being very fed up with the hordes of visiting (and staying) Russians and Ukrainians. To the point that they wanted to stop issuing visa on arrival for those nationalities. They described their behavior as barbaric and uncivilized.

The article said that the numbers of Russians and Ukrainians coming to the island was three times that of Australians, previously being most numerous.

i have seen this for myself on Bali. nasty people

11 hours ago, LaosLover said:

Previous thread here have described Jomtien as so crowed with Russians that they are practically standing on top of each other. I read here that 10,000 were arriving weekly in Pattaya alone. 

Now I learn that a mere 7,000 are overstaying across the entire country -out of 3-4,000 arriving weekly since November -including Ukranians.

Can anyone explain the disconnect? Because after all the concern, 7,000 sounds like a rounding error.

TAT algorithm.....ò

35 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

They couldn't have chosen a more hostile country to escape to..

With the exception of the rich of course.

They can always find ways to stay long term here..

Oh I don't know. I hear many have gone to Indonesia, mainly Bali, and there has been some backlash there.