Prosecutors asked to indict 34 PAT officials for falsely claiming overtime pay

snoop1130

3B77112D-0767-4F5E-8BCB-5E4A86D02789.png

Thailand’s Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has asked public prosecutors to indict 34 staff at the Port Authority of Thailand (PAT), who are accused of falsely claiming overtime pay and pay for working on public holidays from 2003 to 2012.

Case files, which were prepared by the DSI during the course of their investigation, were submitted to the public prosecutors at the Office of Special Cases today (Wednesday), recommending the indictments of 34 people. Charges were dropped against three others.

The 34 PAT staffers, including some executives, are charged with malfeasance in office for using false documents.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/prosecutors-asked-to-indict-34-pat-officials-for-falsely-claiming-overtime-pay/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2023-03-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

It's wrong for sure but I understand why.

In my earlier days if the pay was rubbish, it was accepted people would work a number of some sort, or simply earn a bit extra on the side, and kind of just do the minimum at the full time job. 

Now people often have to work hard for poor pay. That's even more wrong in my books.

• Sad 1