Children with Thai Passports to UK

13 hours ago, theoldgit said:

VFS haven’t refused anything as they have no say who will be granted a visa or not, decisions are made by UKVI staff, who in this case have made the right decision.

As a number of posters have pointed out, the children are British Citizens and as such are not subject to Immigration control and cannot, or at least shouldn’t, be issued with a UK Visa.

But does being born to a British parent automatically make you a British citizen, i thought you had too apply for citizenship. 

4 hours ago, MyThai1 said:

But does being born to a British parent automatically make you a British citizen, i thought you had too apply for citizenship. 

As long as one of the British parents is 'British Otherwise Than By Descent' it's automatic (you just apply for a UK passport).  There is nor requirement to make a separate application for UK citizenship.

• Like 1

my dtr escaped from los with a brand new uk passport and didnt have a thai pp at the time ,,the airline checkin was being awkward but they eventually allowed her thru ..she  flew to  paris  with her thai auntie whos married to a froggy her fifth husband

petch has been married to a thai ,hong kong guy,american,english and frenchman

32 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

As long as one of the British parents is 'British Otherwise Than By Descent' it's automatic (you just apply for a UK passport).  There is nor requirement to make a separate application for UK citizenship.

yes you just show birth certificate in thai