NY grand jury votes to indict Donald Trump, sources tell CNN

Scott

27 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:
51 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You think he's innocent of all charges even before anything has been heard in court? Or do you think that as he's a politician he should be above the law? THAT would be 3rd world tactics.

Yes third world countries like Thailand arrest and prosecute there former leaders, He'll even France has...

You completely ignored the inconvenient questions I raised. Funny.

• Confused 1

UPDATE: After Trump indictment, Manhattan DA warns GOP allies against ‘baseless and inflammatory’ attacks

image.png.1ba3bcedc3ae472b594c65063b86c0ae.png

The day after his historic indictment of Donald Trump, Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg warned the former president’s House Republican allies to refrain from “unlawful political interference” with the criminal process.

“Yesterday, the District Attorney of New York County filed charges against Donald Trump for violations of New York law,” the DA’s office General Counsel Leslie Dubeck wrote in a 6-page letter, adding in a footnote that Trump is presumed innocent of those charges until a jury finds otherwise.

“The charges filed yesterday were brought by citizens of New York, doing their civic duty as members of a grand jury, who found probable cause to accuse Mr. Trump of having committed crimes in New York.”

https://lawandcrime.com/trump/after-trump-indictment-manhattan-da-warns-gop-allies-against-baseless-and-inflammatory-attacks/

image.png.9d9c30941d5b697b712d4c69bdbff254.png

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Credo said:

The word unprecedented is used, and it's not exactly true. 

The word unprecendented was refering to a sitting or former president being indicted of a crime and not the charges themselves. Of course other people have been indicted and convicted for similar things.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dotcalm said:

So why did FEC, SDNY US attorney, Mueller Spec counsel, DOJ, and Bragg himself all pass on prosecuting this in 2018 but decided to proceed after Trump announced his 2024 campaign and his polls started rising? Political assault on a presidential candidate equating to election interference. Bring it on.

IIRC, Bill Barr was at the top of the DOJ tree, and busy protecting Trump. The prosecutors in 2018 knew it would be a waste of time.

I am wondering if Trump will resist the temptation to do his incitement shtick in a courtroom. Please explain why he can't be jailed for contempt of court.

The alleged crime is illegal use of campaign funds, nothing to do with politics. He's been indicted for that by a grand jury drawn from all walks of life.

Based on your logic, I should run as a candidate for office after committing a crime.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

<snip>I am wondering if Trump will resist the temptation to do his incitement shtick in a courtroom.<snip>

Yes, he will resist the temptation. He is basically a coward and will not stand up directly to his opponents.

In this case resisting that temptation is also the wise move.

17 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

My bad. Thanks for correcting. ????

Ye maybe because he is a former POTUS and needs his Secret Service detail, even in prison he will do his time at the federal level.....just a thought