So called Artificial Intelligence (AI)

scottiejohn

4 hours ago, simon43 said:

19 years ago I wrote the 'AI' SMS text-chat program called Natachata which the BBC stated was the best candidate for passing the Turing test. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/3503465.stm

("The test was dreamed up by pioneering mathematician Alan Turing as a way to judge machine intelligence. It revolves around people and machines communicating via typed messages.

The machine would be judged intelligent if it could trick a human into thinking they were swapping text with another person. Turing thought that a machine could beat the Turing test by 2000.

TURING TEST

British scientist Alan Turing (1912-54) said if humans could be duped by computers into thinking they were talking to humans, the machines could be called 'intelligent'

He was wrong, but only by a few years.")

Well, my AI program was anything but 'intelligent', even though it fooled many people into believing that they were chatting with a real person.  A simple word/phrase manipulation program connected to a 100,000 word/phrase mySQL database.

Many people are raving about ChatGPT, but I haven't seen any detailed technical investigation of how this application actually works.  Anyone have links?

You are famous! ☺️

It's rather sad that human attributes like "intelligence" and "smart" are ascribed to inanimate objects in what is just a clever (pardon the pun) marketing ploy. Gullible people tend to be deluded into thinking that these objects have actually acquired those attributes. I guess that's what marketing is all about.

Edited by ozimoron

On 3/31/2023 at 5:41 PM, worgeordie said:

Well knowing the intelligence of some people , it should

not be that difficult to create a smarter machine , Smart

phones been a good example , I mean why do you have

to take a photo of every meal before you eat it , and I am

left wondering do they take another photo ,when it's gone

through them ....????

regards worgeordie 

good question, they do seem to need to take the phone with them..........

• Haha 1

It's rather sad that people believe the jews' tales that only an old grandpa sitting on the cloud is entitled to give life and intelligence to an inanimate objects, and we people could not do the same. I guess that's what religion is all about.

Edited by fdsa
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fdsa said:

It's rather sad that people believe the jews' tales that only an old grandpa sitting on the cloud is entitled to give life and intelligence to an inanimate objects, and we people could not do the same. I guess that's what religion is all about.

Alchemists said they could make gold out of lead.

43 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Alchemists said they could make gold out of lead.

It is possible to make gold out of lead, the alchemists just did not have the required level of tecnhology back then.

If we are unable to give "intelligence" to an inanimate object now it only means that we do not have the required level of technology yet.