So called Artificial Intelligence (AI)

13 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Totally agree!

There is nothing "smart" about a so called "Smart Phone" nor about many of their users!

it's a computer in your pocket.

whatever information you need, you can look it up.

i wouldnt say there is nothing smart about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

the machines will be performing tasks that human beings do.

and eventually more complex tasks that humans can't do.

call it whatever you like.

I vote "Automation" could explain the use of machines doing those and menial tasks, lol

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Today I read an article that a phycologist, who normally tests humans, tested ChatGPT with a standard IQ test. Result? Guess. 155! 

I Gave ChatGPT an IQ Test. Here's What I Discovered - Scientific American

Not long ago I saw this video. I would never have thought that would be possible:

Now I played myself with ChatGPT. I gave it a programming job in plain language. The initial response was already very good. And then I asked ChatGPT to change this and that and some more. Almost all answer were good or very good.

The only difference to having a skilled programmer on the other side was that ChatGPT was faster, and it was not annoyed when I asked deliberately a few stupid questions.

Anybody who dares to ignore this should not be surprised if suddenly the world changes around him or her. How did that happen. It happens. And fast!

For anybody with some time I recommend this video.

And you have fully verified the credential's and methodology of all that was involved?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

And you have fully verified the credential's and methodology of all that was involved?

Is that what you do with every article you read or share?

I asked ChatGPT about its IQ and it didn't answer that question. Google showed a couple of articles.

If you didn't do it already try ChatGPT. Ask it some complicated questions and read the responses. One or the other is maybe wrong, but in general this thing knows a lot and knows how to write quality programming code. It seems some people gave it the questions from some exams, and it seems to be good in most of them.

It's impressive. And that is just the start...