UK Overseas Customer Experience Survey

I sent my UK passport for renewal to an agent in Pattaya on 20th Feb and today  received notification it's ready to collect.  Allowing time for post from Isaan to Pattaya, a day or two for the agent to copy passport and go to Bangkok to deliver to Trendy that makes it a month for renewal which isn't bad in my eyes.

1 minute ago, lungbing said:

I sent my UK passport for renewal to an agent in Pattaya on 20th Feb and today  received notification it's ready to collect.  Allowing time for post from Isaan to Pattaya, a day or two for the agent to copy passport and go to Bangkok to deliver to Trendy that makes it a month for renewal which isn't bad in my eyes.

If HMPO are operating "normally" in the UK, the service from Thailand is pretty good.  As long as you can easily get to HMPO/VFS in Bangkok or Chiang Mai, or have a good agent.

On 3/31/2023 at 6:16 PM, surat04 said:

I will post the link here so anyone who wishes can register their frustration with the service.

Thanks for this. I, too, went through the agonies of renewing my passport a few months ago - and have certainly not pulled my punches in completing this survey as regards expressing my strongly negative views about the procedures we Brits are subject to at passport renewal time from Thailand. Much good may that do in practice, though, I strongly suspect, unfortunately.

• Like 1