Thai e visa impossible

I have applied a few times and got my thai e visa 60 day tourist visa 

(to visit family).length of stay will be 58 days this time.

But this time the e visa site refused

to accept my upload of my passport

page ,i have tried scan from printer photo from phone (all under 3 mb size ).

flying mid may any suggestions would be very very welcome .

Just for fun (I am easily amused) I went through an application.  No problem uploading the passport photo (1.5MB jpeg).  The one error message that did occur was that it could not read the data and it needed manually entering - I am sure in the past the data has been automatically read and inserted in the form.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I was referring to the machine readable section of the passport which the form reads and self populates.  The photo uploaded without any problems.

When i upload the passport it does appear in the box where its supposed to go but a message appears top right saying its not correct (not exact words).

i try to complete the whole page and see if it accepts me pressing next ?

27 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

When i upload the passport it does appear in the box where its supposed to go but a message appears top right saying its not correct (not exact words).

i try to complete the whole page and see if it accepts me pressing next ?

That message is the machine readable message.  If you enter everything manually you can progress to the next page, sounds like it's working fine to me.

"Biodata Page of Passport

We were unable to retrieve data from the MRZ. Please enter your passport’s biographic information manually."
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, chris carre said:

Why apply for a tourist visa at all.Just fly in visa excempt 30 day,s then apply for a 30 day extension a week before your excempt entry permission to stay end,s.That will give you 60 day,s in the kingdom.Total cost 1900 baht

Thats a good option but i heard many immigration offices ramo at 

present so i wanted to avoid them.

I guess there is no word yet if they are keeping the 45 day visa on arrival (up for review 31st march ?

1 hour ago, JimTripper said:

Forget scanning things.

Take a color picture with your phone. Turn the photo on your phone under edit, save it as landscape orientation so it uploads and fills the whole entire space.

You don’t want ratty pics up there. Take photo’s of documents.

Wrong to say things like that.

I have only ever used scanned images and never had a problem.

8 hours ago, supersomchai said:

Away from pc at work ,will try tomorrow see if i can get to next page .

its such a pity you cant get the visa in person at the thai embassy itself or the consulates (hull and Cardiff closed now ).used to be so pain free ..

I gave up on evisas since they began. My home is in France, it was so easy before to apply directly at the consulats, Monaco, Marseille, Paris , Lyon. I get online visas to loads of counties from,Australia to Burma to Cambodia and the americas. Never had a problem. The Thai embassy in Paris is a disaster and so unfriendly you wouldn’t believe. So no help there. If I really  needed the visa I would apply through one of two good Paris agents and pay the price. It’s bad publicity for Thailand that they can’t arrange a good visa process,

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, supersomchai said:

Thats a good option but i heard many immigration offices ramo at 

present so i wanted to avoid them.

I guess there is no word yet if they are keeping the 45 day visa on arrival (up for review 31st march ?

You won’t be allowed on the plane at Heathrow 

7 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

Depressing news i dont have the option to get a visa on arrival that makes getting this damm passport upload more pressured.

iam worried my passport photo may have faded .

Anyway will keep trying no other

options now ☹️

You have the throwaway ticket option which some of the experts on here can explain to you .Basically you buy a cheap ticket out of Thailand within the 30 day VOA period so it looks like you are not staying the full 58 days in Thailand 

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

Of course you don't, VOA is only available to 17 or so countries and the UK is not one of them. You are, however, entitled to a 30 day visa-free stay under the Visa Exemption Scheme. This is extendable once for an additional 30 days.

So i wont be refused boarding the flight to thailand (Eva air) if i tell them i have no visa but that iam going to get a visa exempt when i arrive ??

7 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

So i wont be refused boarding the flight to thailand (Eva air) if i tell them i have no visa but that iam going to get a visa exempt when i arrive ??

As long as your return flight is within 30 days .If not you have to get Evisa or explore the throughaway ticket option 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

I’m here for 58 days flew in with EVA and the first thing they checked at booking in was my e visa 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Airlines don't care about a visa per se, they know you will get 30 day visa exempt on arrival (assuming you're flying on a UK passport). They do care if you have an outward flight within that timeframe (the fact you can get a 30 day extension to the visa exempt is irrelevant). So ...

i.e. if your flight isn't flexible, you can buy a throwaway ticket for approx US$10-15 or, just have it set up on your phone ready to buy if asked for at check-in (not 100% guaranteed you will be, depends on airline and airport but a very good chance you will be).

For example:

https://onward.flights/

https://bestonwardticket.com/

https://onwardticket.com/

https://onewayfly.com/

etc.

The OPs return flight will be after 58 days in Thailand.I think he believes he can just turn up at Heathrow and say that he will get an extension and they will let him board but they won’t 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1