Thai e visa impossible

29 minutes ago, sandyf said:

I have been going back and fore from the UK for touching 25 years, must be over 40 trips now with a multitude of airlines, EVA a few times, and can't ever remember not being checked quite thoroughly. Different localities may well be less thorough.

I was denied boarding one time for being 2 weeks short of 6 months on my passport. I asked for a supervisor and she said only option was to phone Thai immigration in Bangkok. I was only going for 3 weeks and they agreed to boarding if the airline could confirm it was a return ticket, not sure how a throwaway would have worked in that situation.

There was a guy on here obviously American who said that they never check in uk doh 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/1/2023 at 5:40 AM, supersomchai said:

Thats a good option but i heard many immigration offices ramo at 

present so i wanted to avoid them.

I guess there is no word yet if they are keeping the 45 day visa on arrival (up for review 31st march ?

No it's back to the 30 days 

On 4/1/2023 at 2:11 PM, supersomchai said:

So i wont be refused boarding the flight to thailand (Eva air) if i tell them i have no visa but that iam going to get a visa exempt when i arrive ??

Nope, if you go visa exempt the airline may ask to see an onward ticket leaving Thailand within the 30 days of your entry. You can over come that by going to onward ticket.Com and paying about $12 to $20 for a valid reserved ticket which is canceled automatically. Print the reservation and show it if asked. You don't actually have to make that flight out, it's only a reservation

1 hour ago, Jaggg88 said:

He can buy a fake onward 30 day ticket for $10 to keep the airline happy

why buy a fake ticket for ten bucks when your can get a real one for a few dollars more? auto-cancelled after 48 hours but still real...

what if from a US airport your return ticket is >60 days, and it's a 60 tourist visa.

pre-covid I didn't have an issue, curious if anything has changed?

this is flying Japanese Airline ANA