Thai e visa impossible

16 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

So i wont be refused boarding the flight to thailand (Eva air) if i tell them i have no visa but that iam going to get a visa exempt when i arrive ??

They're supposed to check that you have a ticket out of Thailand within 30 days but that doesn't always happen. 

However it's best to be prepared to be asked and the simplest, easiest to explain method is to buy a throwaway ticket just before you fly out. 

onwardticket(.)com will sell you a valid ticket for 14 bucks that is good for 48 hours. After that their system will auto-cancel the booking. You can print it out and show it to the check-in staff if requested. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, supersomchai said:

Looks like the throwaway ticket is the way to go,my ticket is non refundable and cant change date , flexible tickets was very expensive (always used to get the flexible ticket option now silly prices for direct flights).

It's the easiest way mate. There are other options but I CBF explaining them ????

• Haha 1

supersomchai. Don’t worry, buy an onward ticket to Cambodia Phnom pen for example. Print it.   If they say anything at UK check in,, show them the ticket and say you are going there for a visit.  No problem. Once in Thailand, normally immigration do not ask to see your return or ticket. But keep your boarding card from your UK flight, sometimes they want to see it.  Once in your hotel/ condo , you’re fine. After 3 weeks stay , go to your local immigration office with passport and copy details page, visa exempt entry stamp page copy, 1900 Baht cash, proof of Thai address which is the TM 30 that your hotel or condo office office is obliged to give you !!!  Print. 
( they do it online and best to ask for it on your arrival ) . Fill in the form at the immigration office, or get one before or download and fill in before. And your good for your 60 days. Careful not to go over the 30 days visa exempt stamp , as I said, go a few days before. All easy, don’t go on a Monday and careful of weekend closures and holidays.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, geisha said:

I gave up on evisas since they began. My home is in France, it was so easy before to apply directly at the consulats, Monaco, Marseille, Paris , Lyon. I get online visas to loads of counties from,Australia to Burma to Cambodia and the americas. Never had a problem. The Thai embassy in Paris is a disaster and so unfriendly you wouldn’t believe. So no help there. If I really  needed the visa I would apply through one of two good Paris agents and pay the price. It’s bad publicity for Thailand that they can’t arrange a good visa process,

Says it all really Thais unfriendlist b#st#rds on the planet unless of course you're handing them money. 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ian carman said:

The OPs return flight will be after 58 days in Thailand.I think he believes he can just turn up at Heathrow and say that he will get an extension and they will let him board but they won’t 

No, he’s understood the process with onward ticket,

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, supersomchai said:

So i wont be refused boarding the flight to thailand (Eva air) if i tell them i have no visa but that iam going to get a visa exempt when i arrive ??

I would be going visa exempt, and getting a 30 day extension, in your position.

So would 1000s of other people.

100s of 1000s have done your sort of itinerary that way,

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, geisha said:

I gave up on evisas since they began. My home is in France, it was so easy before to apply directly at the consulats, Monaco, Marseille, Paris , Lyon. I get online visas to loads of counties from,Australia to Burma to Cambodia and the americas. Never had a problem. The Thai embassy in Paris is a disaster and so unfriendly you wouldn’t believe. So no help there. If I really  needed the visa I would apply through one of two good Paris agents and pay the price. It’s bad publicity for Thailand that they can’t arrange a good visa process,

Not easy for me to apply directly requiring 2 attendances and overnight stays. Paris and all the consulates are about 500km from home. The new e- visa seemed a great improvement.

I used the Paris Embassy for a 90 day non O based on marriage e-visa twice last year. 1st time quick response and reasonably easy to do. Invitation letter from wife a bit of an issue as they wanted her address and phone number included but a manuscript letter, which she photographed and sent to me was accepted. The second occasion had me tearing my hair out, no response at all for nearly 3 weeks the system stuck on "awaiting documents check" I emailed them saying my flight was now less than a week away. Got a response, said the invitation letter must be addressed to to the Ambassador, dated, be on A4 paper, be typed not handwritten with dates of my visit, address where we would be staying. I pointed out none of this on previous  occasion. Response we do not take note of previous successful applications. So had to bow, scrape and beg and say my wife a simple lady and not at all tech savvy, didn't even have a smartphone as she didn't like them and if necessary I would enter visa exempt and apply for 90 days non O in country then. System application status then changed to referred for approval. ie the jobsworth had decided to refer to a higher up rather than keep blocking at their documents check. I'd given up and was actually at the train station waiting for train to CdG airport when the approval came through. Stressful? Oh yes! Would I use it again? Perhaps not though it requires less banked money, banked in France not Thailand, than an in country non 0.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

Not easy for me to apply directly requiring 2 attendances and overnight stays. Paris and all the consulates are about 500km from home. The new e- visa seemed a great improvement.

I used the Paris Embassy for a 90 day non O based on marriage e-visa twice last year. 1st time quick response and reasonably easy to do. Invitation letter from wife a bit of an issue as they wanted her address and phone number included but a manuscript letter, which she photographed and sent to me was accepted. The second occasion had me tearing my hair out, no response at all for nearly 3 weeks the system stuck on "awaiting documents check" I emailed them saying my flight was now less than a week away. Got a response, said the invitation letter must be addressed to to the Ambassador, dated, be on A4 paper, be typed not handwritten with dates of my visit, address where we would be staying. I pointed out none of this on previous  occasion. Response we do not take note of previous successful applications. So had to bow, scrape and beg and say my wife a simple lady and not at all tech savvy, didn't even have a smartphone as she didn't like them and if necessary I would enter visa exempt and apply for 90 days non O in country then. System application status then changed to referred for approval. ie the jobsworth had decided to refer to a higher up rather than keep blocking at their documents check. I'd given up and was actually at the train station waiting for train to CdG airport when the approval came through. Stressful? Oh yes! Would I use it again? Perhaps not though it requires less banked money, banked in France not Thailand, than an in country non 0.

Bear in mind that you can get 90 days (even 120 days) without financial proof. You enter visa exempt (30 days); get the 30-day automatic extension (optional); and then get a 60-day extension to visit your wife. Unlike a Non O visa application at Immigration, this is all very straightforward.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I finally got the passport to upload after blowing it up and taking a jpeg of that.

Now iam not sure about the residence questions as iam a uk passport holder living in uk now surely i can just upload a copy of my passport for all the residence questions ??

They havent changed the questions on the e visa since it started have they ?As i applied before and got it just forgotten what documents i uploaded into the residence question .☹️

I finally got the passport to upload after blowing it up and taking a jpeg of that.

Now iam not sure about the residence questions as iam a uk passport holder living in uk now surely i can just upload a copy of my passport for all the residence questions ??

They havent changed the questions on the e visa since it started have they ?As i applied before and got it just forgotten what documents i uploaded into the residence question .☹️

Copy of uk passport proves you are a uk resident 

• Thanks 1

I did upload my council tax bill for one question,not sure if it was this one 

• Thanks 1

On 4/3/2023 at 11:26 AM, ian carman said:

Copy of uk passport proves you are a uk resident 

No it does not. For example I have a British passport and my residency is France. . You can have a UK passport and live elsewhere . 

• Thanks 1

On 4/2/2023 at 5:58 PM, BritTim said:

Bear in mind that you can get 90 days (even 120 days) without financial proof. You enter visa exempt (30 days); get the 30-day automatic extension (optional); and then get a 60-day extension to visit your wife. Unlike a Non O visa application at Immigration, this is all very straightforward.

hi Tim, can you explain more about this 30 day automatic extension please?

thanks

20 minutes ago, driver52 said:

hi Tim, can you explain more about this 30 day automatic extension please?

thanks

It's not an automatic extension.

What he meant was that you can apply for 30 day extension and there is no reason why it would be refused.

Cost 1900baht.

After that another application for 60 day extension "to visit wife" is and option. 

Again 1900baht

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the OP's case I would write an email or letter to the Consular Division (look up the correct name and address on mfa.go.th), not to rant but politely and formally "for your information", stating the facts and attaching copies of relevant correspondence, making no accusations or demands.

If they get many reports about mitakes being made at that embassy, the MFA will do what is necessary to improve the service in that location.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 4/2/2023 at 7:41 AM, Langsuan Man said:

How  come no one is complaining that if you make a mistake on the e application it costs you another $200 to correct your mistake. All you will get in information from them is to apply again

another reason to not seek O-A s anymore from outside the country I guess, along with the medical requirement.

is it even establishment that all questions for the e-visa, are required for all visas?

I didn't do a trial of the difference between a 60 TR and an O-A on the e-visa site , for example.

presumably if one chooses a different Visa type they get more questions, maybe all the same as TR but extras, like the "5 diseases" and criminal backgroun?

some were saying, that they are not ?

april 2023: mine took 10 business days, via the Royal Thai Los Angelas Consulate, if it helps anyone,

I can let you know how I answered the dubious questions, if needed (forum or PM)

On 4/1/2023 at 2:47 PM, ian carman said:

Take it from me the EVA staff asked me straight away to see my Evisa so don’t take any notice of anyone who says they don’t check 

I have very seldom been asked, they usually take the passport and look for it, when they don't see or recognise one, then they ask, re-entry permit often confuses.

Last year I had evisa and it was in the passport when I handed it over, he put it to one side, after 5 minutes looking through the passport he said "you will need a visa", the mind boggles.

On 4/1/2023 at 6:57 PM, ian carman said:

I flew from London with Eva and they checked my visa so obviously different airlines have different policies 

I have been going back and fore from the UK for touching 25 years, must be over 40 trips now with a multitude of airlines, EVA a few times, and can't ever remember not being checked quite thoroughly. Different localities may well be less thorough.

I was denied boarding one time for being 2 weeks short of 6 months on my passport. I asked for a supervisor and she said only option was to phone Thai immigration in Bangkok. I was only going for 3 weeks and they agreed to boarding if the airline could confirm it was a return ticket, not sure how a throwaway would have worked in that situation.