British Man in Phuket Dies After Being Stung by A Bee

webfact

image.jpeg

FILE PHOTO: PobPad

By Goongnang Suksawat

Rawai, Phuket – A British man has tragically died after being stung by a bee in Rawai.

Emergency responders were notified of the incident at a house in Soi Kitprasan, Rawai on Thursday (March 30th).

They arrived at the house to find the 68 year-old British national on a bed inside the house. He was unconscious and had no pulse. Emergency services provided CPR while he was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was sadly pronounced dead.

His Thai wife said her husband was driving a motorbike home when he was stung by a bee. 

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/03/31/british-man-in-phuket-dies-after-being-stung-by-a-bee/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-04-01

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Sad 10

2 hours ago, rwill said:

RIP.  Either he was allergic to bee stings or died from something else and the bee sting was just a coincidence.  Might never know here.

Click the link and you will find out ????

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Has anybody else got any better Ideas?  Other than packing myself of to Pattaya for a week whilst they do it

A friend here had to remove a hornet nest. He purchased some sort of "death in a can" that sprayed a jet of a foam-like substance directly into the nest from a solid distance - something like 5 meters. He was able to douse the nest and get to safety long before the hornets came out that far. It worked quite well.

• Like 1

Last week I was stung 3 times within an hour on the top of my head as I was sweeping my terrace I hadn’t noticed a nest in one of the trees thankfully I was okay I’m 72 years young a couple of years older than the deceased  RIP to him

On 4/1/2023 at 4:03 PM, rwill said:

RIP.  Either he was allergic to bee stings or died from something else and the bee sting was just a coincidence.  Might never know here.

Alternatively, the bee sting could have triggered something else and been an indirect cause of death? 

I apply urine topically to any bee sting and ingest a mouthful.  This eliminates pain immediately.  Lessons swelling.  And it reverses any allergic reaction. 

I have been practicing urotherapy for years with truly remarkable results. It works on every ailment I have thrown at it.  Youtubers and books have many testimonials of those allergic to bee stings using this method.  This story is a good example of having a contingency plan when time is of the essence.

I used 7/11 bug spray to get rid of a bees nest on my balcony, sticking the metal spray nozzle through the crack between my sliding glass doors and emptied the whole bottle into the bee hive.  The 5% of bees that didn't get a lethal dose swarmed and were really agitated though.  Hundreds of them. It took 3 bottles, and 3 sprays. Multiple honey coombs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

My son (12) has nut allergies, but bee stings could also trigger problems. He carries 2 Epi pens (Actually 2 x 300micro ml JEXT pens) everywhere with him, especially when he goes to Thailand. We always make sure the expiration date is well outside of the dates he travels anywhere. 
He knows how to use them and has been taught that he should use both injections if the first has no immediate effect on the symptoms. He also carries CETIRIZINE 10mg allergy relief tables for mild allergic reactions. 
We had a friend who kept bees for years and who had been stung many times with no problems, then one day he got stung and had severe anaphylactic shock and collapsed unable to breath. He went unconscious, but luckily his wife found him and administered 2 full 300 Epi Pens before calling ambulance. He came around and was able to breath. They kept 2 Epi Pens at home just for such emergencies. Over Covid there was a severe shortage of Epi/JEXT pens and manufacturers increased the expiration date on certain batch numbers from 1 to 2 years. Now they are becoming more available. 
If you suffer from severe allergies here in UK these life saving injections are free on prescription from the NHS.