Road tax not paid for four years

d4dang

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I think he’s being deliberately obtuse and refusing to accept he stuffed up his words…. 

Yep... I think so...

"Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum"

I have been storing a friend's scooter since pre-Covid, so I looked into this.  

If not taxed for more than three  years, I believe you will have to re-register the bike, so you will need to take the green book along to the DMV.

I think the fine for not taxing is really small.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eisfeld said:

The inspection does not check if the car is registered. They are not making the tax sticker. They do the inspection. The process goes like this:

1. Vehicle is brought to the inspection place. This can be either at the DLT or in one of the smaller shops.

2. DLT issues a new tax sticker under the condition of seeing the paper from the inspection place plus the green or blue book. If one of the small shops did the inspection then they usually bring the book and their certificate to the DLT to obtain the tax sticker.

That is one way of doing it. Some inspection shops offer a one stop service. You give them the blue book and they arrange the mandatory liability insurance and get the sticker at the nearest DMV office.

22 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Unfortunately you won't.  The license plate has been canceled, so the inspection place, which also do the tax sticker,  can't find it in the system and will turn you away.

There is no way around it. Only the owner, as per the blue book can register the car again and have a new license plate issued. 

A friend of mine also had a Covid car in Thailand. 

Yes you are 100% spot on. Off to MTO Morchit next week. Over three years back to square one with three years of tax due.

• Thumbs Up 1