Kasikorn Bank App on New Phone ?

I've been using the Kasikorn banking app on my old phone for years.

I now install the app on my new phone and it insists I firstly log in using the cellular network rather than wifi.   

So I switch off wifi and it comes up with the same error message, telling me to use the cellular network.   

I am currently in the UK, using my UK SIM.    

Is the app somehow expecting me to use a cellular data connection from my Thai SIM registered with the bank account for the first login ?       Or a Thai cellular network ?

I get the same errors, also in the UK.  I have assumed it is looking for a Thai network rather than a Thai SIM and anyway as I don't have data roaming enabled I will wait till I am back in Thailand.  Meanwhile I can do anything I need to using online banking. 

31 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I get the same errors, also in the UK.  I have assumed it is looking for a Thai network rather than a Thai SIM and anyway as I don't have data roaming enabled I will wait till I am back in Thailand.  Meanwhile I can do anything I need to using online banking. 

when you say online banking . you mean you are able to access kasikorn bank and make transfer to thai phone number ?

3 minutes ago, anotherexpat4444 said:

I have Kplus  app on my thai phone .    is this kbiz  same as kplus  .  i mean can i do all the tasks that i can do as a individual kplus account holder ?

I've used it for 10+ years and can send money between accounts, pay people and bills, get statements, etc.  If it is exactly the same as the phone app (obviously payment functions are not there) I'm not sure but does all the normal online things as far as I can tell.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

I have a similar situation. I installed K-Plus on my "old" phone many years ago while in Thailand with my Thai SIM card installed. Returning to the US, I was able to use K-Plus on that same phone with my US SIM card installed, but connected to the internet via WiFi. Returning to Thailand, I bought a cheap smartphone to use exclusively in Thailand, installed my Thai SIM card and the K-Plus app, and the app works perfectly. However, now when I try to use the K-Plus app on my "old" phone, it's giving me the message saying I need to connect to cellular service in order to setup and use the app.

Not a big problem, since I can still use the app on my "new" Thai phone when connected to WiFi with the SIM card disabled in the US, but I can no longer use the app on the original phone. Just seems a little strange.

4 hours ago, jaizan said:

I've been using the Kasikorn banking app on my old phone for years.

I now install the app on my new phone and it insists I firstly log in using the cellular network rather than wifi.   

So I switch off wifi and it comes up with the same error message, telling me to use the cellular network.   

Is the app somehow expecting me to use a cellular data connection from my Thai SIM registered with the bank account for the first login ?       Or a Thai cellular network ?

Yes you need to use Thai sim for data, purchase a 1 day roaming package

• Like 1

On 4/3/2023 at 7:48 PM, Upnotover said:

Thank you.

I'm likely to do exactly the same.   Using the app on my new phone will have to wait until I return to Thailand.   In the meantime, I don't need it much, so I can get by with web based access or using my old phone.

On 4/4/2023 at 12:43 AM, jaizan said:

You have to use with your Thai SIM and the same phone number as you were using the app with previously on the old phone. Once verified you can use with WiFi.