UOB Thailand said only way to get statement on savings account is to physically go to the branch. Is that correct?

I have a savings account with UOB Thailand and the app has never worked properly so I've never been able to get a statement.  Hasnt mattered up to now as there's only one transaction a month, to pay a mortgage that is also with UOB.

But I noticed they deducted money with no explanation.  I called up and call center cant tell me what  the deduction is.  So I asked for a statement and they said they cant send one from the call center.  I cant get one in the app and I cant get one in the online banking.

The only way I can get a statement is to physically go to the branch where I opened the account and ask for it.

I said, what if I'm out of the country?  Answer, "That is our policy"

Can any one confirm if this is correct?  That the ONLY way to get a statement from UOB Thailand is to physically go to the branch?

Also, the mortgage amount is not aligning with what it should be after the payments.  I asked for a statement (Because again, impossible to get from app or online banking) and she says she can send me that by email *halleluyah!!* but it will take 5-7 working days!!!

Have I gone back in time 20 years or did I just get a bad agent or is UOB banking really like this?

Actually we have bank accounts and a lot of banks in Thailand for our business. UOB is the only one we have problems with getting the statement out of the phone app. 

Do you have the UOB app on your phone??

Its weird bc we normally want a full months statement on the 1st of each month for the prior month. Whenever we try to do it on the first of the month we cant. We have to wait several days. The app is rubbish IMHO. 

When you get back change banks is my opinion

2 minutes ago, ubonr1971 said:

Actually we have bank accounts and a lot of banks in Thailand for our business. UOB is the only one we have problems with getting the statement out of the phone app. 

Do you have the UOB app on your phone??

Its weird bc we normally want a full months statement on the 1st of each month for the prior month. Whenever we try to do it on the first of the month we cant. We have to wait several days. The app is rubbish IMHO. 

When you get back change banks is my opinion

Yes I have accounts with 4 other Thai banks and only UOB is like this.  KTB app is a hassle when changing phones and required a visit to the branch to reactivate but otherwise is ok

I'm going to minimise my interactions with UOB and keep minimal balances.  I have a Citibank account, so I hope they dont ruin that app now they've taken it over

20 minutes ago, Theyreallrubbish said:

The only way I can get a statement is to physically go to the branch where I opened the account and ask for it.

I said, what if I'm out of the country? 

"I said, what if I'm out of the country?"

Why did you say that?  If you were out of the country and they could send you a statement to your registered address, how would you get it, not being in the country?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"I said, what if I'm out of the country?"

Why did you say that?  If you were out of the country and they could send you a statement to your registered address, how would you get it, not being in the country?

Because every other bank I can get a statement in the app AND/OR sent by email if I wanted it

No need to go to the physical branch or get it mailed to an address