Trump has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records

Scott

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Dislike of the other side is strong enough to make me support him, despite his obvious flaws.

Do you not think a POTUS should have integrity, honesty and standards?

Yes, which is why it's a shame that the US has had the presidents it had since I can't remember the last one that had all those qualities.

IMO the best was Kennedy, and apparently he left Trump in the dust in his quest to bed women not his wife. Since then, war mongers, outright criminals, liars etc.

In your view, how is today any different then back when Kennedy was President. (Rhetorical question by the way).  Do you think that with the laws having changed over the years as well as new laws created, because of such conduct, have anything to do with the cases we actually see today versus the cases we saw back then.  Add in of course the uses of social media and the internet and things are definitely a bit more in your face now where people are now being caught more because of these postings.  So is it not fair for someone to be prosecuted, no matter who they are, when the evidence is at hand.  It does not matter what the prior DOJ did or did not do in regards to this case as they were not going to invest the time and money on it like DA Bragg and New York did.  To some folks this is a sham, but how many white collar crimes like this are tried each year, and how many people are arrested, charged and convicted? The below linked article explains a lot, and is one of the reasons that Trump now is being charged as it appears all the evidence has been exposed by confidantes, and former partners like Cohen.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/white-collar_crime

Many white-collar crimes are especially difficult to prosecute because the perpetrators use sophisticated means to conceal their activities through a series of complex transactions. Whistleblowers are particularly helpful to prosecutors of white-collar crime, because these whistleblowers report internal wrongdoing. 

Edited by ThailandRyan

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and of those 56 cases, how many has he been convicted for? They have had enough time to try him for at least some of them since he left office.

Yes, the wheels of justice do roll slowly.  But the tide is turning now. Hope you are ready.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LosLobo said:

With respect and no reference to you, my suggestion to DT supporters, is "past performance is no guarantee of future results."

"...my suggestion to DT supporters, is..."

Is there anyone to whom that does not apply, including the supporters of his opponents?  

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:
16 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Do you honestly believe..."

What I am 'honestly' saying is that contrary to many suggestions here, he has never faced and been found guilty of any criminal charges.   If he has been found criminally guilty (and personal desires for him to be guilty of something don't count) show me where.  

Expand  

Trump has been found guilty hundreds of times, in cases where he defrauded people.

Trump has never been found guilty of any criminal offence, as so many posters like to assume, that is my point.  

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump has been found guilty hundreds of times, in cases where he defrauded people.

Trump "has been found guilty of fraud...hundreds of times?"   Garbage.   Donald Trump has never been found guilty of fraud, he has never even been charged with fraud.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Out of curiosity, do you recall making any predictions that the Defendant would never be indicted, or arrested?

Yes, I may have done, can't be sure, but I'm sure you've got my comment handy if I did!   That would have been a prediction that I did guess wrongly about, I can't be right all the time on predictions.  

What I would say is that if Trump has not been found guilty of a crime yet, it's not for want of trying.

Also, that 'yet' is very significant. He's already under indictment for one crime and looks likely to be indicted for at least two more (possibly three) within fairly short order.

The first additional indictment will probably be the Mar-a-Lago documents case and there's still the Georgia election tampering and the Jan 6 incitement cases to come after that.

Bill Barr says ‘good chance’ Trump will be indicted over Mar-a-Lago documents

As Barr points out in that article:

'He had no claim to those documents, especially the classified documents. I think he was jerking the government around.’

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Never charged? Here is an example where he was charged and paid millions to avoid trail:  Judge finalizes $25 million settlement for 'victims of Donald Trump's fraudulent university' - ABC News (go.com)

Your defense of the conman is laughable.

Well, this is a civil case, so he wasn't charged with anything. It's a matter of plaintiff vs defendant

The only case that involved the Trump name and criminal charges was the trial of the Trump Organization headed by Donald Trump It was charged with 17 criminal violations. But was only judged guilty on 17 of the original counts. Blameless! He should put that on his resume.

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

You say your 'Dislike of the other side is strong enough to make me support him' which again smacks of identity politics and I think it's more aimed at Hilary but lets just try and focus on Biden (senior NOT junior). What exactly has he done to make you dislike him so much? A lifetime in politics yet he's never had anything levelled at him that comes close to the level of criminality Trump has. He's never been sued, he's never defrauded anyone (to include his charities), in fact you'll be lucky to find a parking ticket for him. There's all this stuff on his age and being a bit too touchy feely with the girls but that's not about policy and again it's a pushed agenda from the right. And yes we all know there's all this 'Hunters' laptop' nonsense still going on but Hunter isn't POTUS and the sins of the son shouldn't be upon the father.

So without mentioning Hunter and avoiding identity politics (which includes his age), what exactly has the current administration done to get you thinking Trump is a better option?

You are asking for my personal opinion of Mr Biden, but given I might be banned for that I decline to answer.

As for what he has done that has riled me, stopping the wall construction soon as taking office for one, cancelling the Keystone XL for another, but mostly for having Harris as his VP which means that she has a good shot at being president.

BTW, when you say " a lifetime in politics", that's as good a reason to dislike him as any. IMO a country I know is being ruined by a government of people that never had a real job or lived like ordinary people- I suppose it's the same in any country with drones for politicians, which is why I'd like to see a three term limit on ANY elected politician ( two terms if they are over 4 years ).

• Sad 1