Trump has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records

Scott

19 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The immediacy is there right in front of you, I’ll grant you the Defendant hasn’t kicked off with his usual whinny histrionics, even he seems to have grasped the gravity of the situation he’s put himself in.

I’m hopeful your wish with respect to other investigations the Defendant faces will meet your wishes and tgen some.

This case is open to being interpreted as being followed up for political purposes - given the time the alleged acts happened and the substantiveness of the issues.

I had looked to whether the facts, for the basis and reasoning of proceeding with the case, would put it beyond doubt that that it was not done for those reasons. The argument for the case indicates it is a thing, and is I guess likely laws were broken, but it seems the right WILL have a basis to say this was done for political reasons. It may be that more will come out to justify these actions over time. 

As others have said, the other cases appear to be much more serious, and the argument to take matters further against a former president more substantive. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 2baht said:

Be patient, he will not be able to help himself, he'll milk this for more than it's worth!

But he’s now a Defendant, anything and everything he says relating to the case may be used against him at trial.

He needs to stay schtum.

Well, if he knows what’s good for him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

This case is open to being interpreted as being followed up for political purposes - given the time the alleged acts happened and the substantiveness of the issues.

I had looked to whether the facts, for the basis and reasoning of proceeding with the case, would put it beyond doubt that that it was not done for those reasons. The argument for the case indicates it is a thing, and is I guess likely laws were broken, but it seems the right WILL have a basis to say this was done for political reasons. It may be that more will come out to justify these actions over time. 

As others have said, the other cases appear to be much more serious, and the argument to take matters further against a former president more substantive. 

Are you claiming Bragg is known for dragging up historic non violent convoluted cases to fill prisons? We both know the opposite is true. Why the deceit? 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Is falsifying business records in the first degree a crime?

This case breaks what is only a convention of not indicting a former President.

Bringing more indictments against the Defendant just got a whole lot easier, a whole lot more certain. 

I am not saying it is not a crime or that in an ideal world charges are not appropriate. But would have they put the resources into this over something that happened some years ago if it wasn't Trump. Not sure. It certainly gives the right ammunition to suggest he is getting special treatment. That is if my interpretation of what has come out is correct. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

The judge overseeing former President Trump’s criminal case in New York City has set the next in-person hearing for Dec. 4, roughly two months before the official start of the 2024 Republican presidential primary calendar. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/3934216-trump-december-court-date-2024-primaries/

So nothings gonna happen fast. Possible trial dates (if there is a trial) well into 2024.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The real question is not whether or not he is guilty of felonies. The question is, can they get a conviction, or do they want to get a conviction? 

Even a possible guilty verdict does not mean necessarily any jail time as ex-President Trump's Secret Service protection-for-life will have a lot to say about it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1