Trump has pleaded not guilty to 34 counts of falsifying business records

Scott

4 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Y'all are Trump silly if you think there's a snowball's chance in hell for a conviction, let alone any jail time.  At his age, he could be dead before the appeal process is done ????

New York grand jury only requires 12 of 16 jurors to agree there is a case to be made.

Good luck finding 12 people to convict in criminal court.  IF it makes it to trial.

DISTRACTION

The NY Grand Jury, of at least 12 of the 23 jurors, has already decided that there is a case to be made.........for the indictment.

The trial has yet to be finalised.

It could even be "bench trial" in which the judge would serve as the jury and make the final ruling.

If a jury is chosen it will not be a Grand Jury but a 12 member jury of Trump's peers whose decision must be unanimous.

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Any ex-President is guaranteed Secret Service protection fore life.

But if found guilty and sentenced to jail time, still has to do jail but with secret service protection present in some form. Is that correct? 

19 minutes ago, scorecard said:

But if found guilty and sentenced to jail time, still has to do jail but with secret service protection present in some form. Is that correct? 

Well let me do some checking and see how the Secret Service handled it the previous time an ex-President had to do felony jail time.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, candide said:

If not, no worryl! The Aryan Brotherhood will protect him! ????

Why should he have any special protection? 

The millions he has scammed in his many failed business ventures and the poor naive MAGA folowers he has scammed for hundred of millions of $s got no protection.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Wrong , which you could have read in my link earlier: Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree (Class E Felony) Falsifying Business Records | White Collar Crime Lawyers (theblanchlawfirm.com)

Keep up the good work with spreading nonsense.

To be fair, I would suggest that the poster was referring to the underlying case that the indictment was predicated on.

Nevertheless, any evidence and the usual disclaimer, shown below, was missing from the post:

"It's not for me to spend my time researching other posters claims. Try reading this at the top of the World subforum before making silly comments. "Any alleged factual claims must be supported by a valid link to an approved credible source".

3 hours ago, Misty said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Proven guilty of what and in which cases?

Lily-white, he is not.

"According to a 2016 USA Today analysis, Donald Trump and his businesses were involved in 3,500 legal cases in U.S. federal and state courts during the previous three decades, an unprecedented number for a U.S. presidential candidate. Of the 3,500 suits, Trump or one of his companies were plaintiffs in 1,900; defendants in 1,450; and bankruptcy, third party, or other in 150.[1] Trump was named in at least 169 suits in federal court.[2] In the 1,300 cases where the record establishes the outcome, Trump settled 175 times, lost 38, won 450, and had another 137 cases end with some other outcome. In the other 500 cases, the cases were dismissed.[1]

In 2016, Trump was elected as U.S. President. Numerous legal affairs persisted during and after his presidency. For example, between October 2021 and July 2022 alone, the Republican National Committee paid more than $2 million to attorneys representing Trump in his capacity as President and in his personal and business capacities.[3]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_affairs_of_Donal

Lily-white, he is not".

I didn't say that he was.   I did ask what he has been found guilty of and thank you for confirming that, so far, he has not been found guilty of any offence. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scorecard said:
5 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

Any ex-President is guaranteed Secret Service protection fore life.

That would be for a judge to decide but no judge will have to make that decision because Trump will not be sentenced to jail, even if he was convicted and that won't happen either.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Misty said:

Get ready for it. 

"As of November 2022, Donald Trump has been credibly accused of committing at least 56 criminal offenses since he launched his campaign for president in 2015. That total only reflects allegations relating to his time in or running for office and omits, for instance, Trump’s criminal exposure for fraudulent business dealings. "

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-reports/president-trumps-staggering-record-of-uncharged-crimes/

I'm ready for it but I'm still waiting, and still not one link to a case in which he has been found guilty of any criminal offence which was the point that I was making.  Anyone can make allegations but allegations are not "guilty" verdicts.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The man has skirted the law his entire career. At one point he was involved in 3,600 lawsuits. Do you honestly believe a man who is being sued by that many small contractors is not guilty of more crimes than can be comprehended? Or, do you think he is an innocent babe, who is simply disliked? 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm ready for it but I'm still waiting, and still not one link to a case in which he has been found guilty of any criminal offence which was the point that I was making.  Anyone can make allegations but allegations are not "guilty" verdicts.

Doesn't a please deal change that?

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The man has skirted the law his entire career. At one point he was involved in 3,600 lawsuits. Do you honestly believe a man who is being sued by that many small contractors is not guilty of more crimes than can be comprehended? Or, do you think he is an innocent babe, who is simply disliked? 

"Do you honestly believe..."

What I am 'honestly' saying is that contrary to many suggestions here, he has never faced and been found guilty of any criminal charges.   If he has been found criminally guilty (and personal desires for him to be guilty of something don't count) show me where.  

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

That would be for a judge to decide but no judge will have to make that decision because Trump will not be sentenced to jail, even if he was convicted and that won't happen either.

So it’s you that had the forum crystal ball today. 

Out of curiosity, do you recall making any predictions that the Defendant would never be indicted, or arrested?

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, johnnybangkok said:

Can't you see that this and his other, very obvious character flaws make him unfit to even hold public office never mind the presidency? Honestly I'm really interested in just what is it about this guy that makes you suspend reality and ignore integrity, honesty and severe character flaws? Do you not think a POTUS should have integrity, honesty and standards?  Do you honestly believe he is emotionally qualified to become the next POTUS?     

Dislike of the other side is strong enough to make me support him, despite his obvious flaws.

Do you not think a POTUS should have integrity, honesty and standards?

Yes, which is why it's a shame that the US has had the presidents it had since I can't remember the last one that had all those qualities.

IMO the best was Kennedy, and apparently he left Trump in the dust in his quest to bed women not his wife. Since then, war mongers, outright criminals, liars etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Trump has been found guilty hundreds of times, in cases where he defrauded people. You can argue it was his company that lost the lawsuit. But, who runs the company, and who decides when to commit the fraud, or crime leading to a lawsuit? 

Are you are claiming the hundreds of times involves different companies? If so he must have been rather busy running them all!

Would it not be more realistic to say that he left managers to run them?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Misty said:

Get ready for it. 

"As of November 2022, Donald Trump has been credibly accused of committing at least 56 criminal offenses since he launched his campaign for president in 2015. That total only reflects allegations relating to his time in or running for office and omits, for instance, Trump’s criminal exposure for fraudulent business dealings. "

https://www.citizensforethics.org/reports-investigations/crew-reports/president-trumps-staggering-record-of-uncharged-crimes/

and of those 56 cases, how many has he been convicted for? They have had enough time to try him for at least some of them since he left office.

• Like 1