update of bank book after extension with 800,000 THB in the bank

On 4/6/2023 at 3:47 PM, DrJack54 said:

I have read experienced guys post that immigration does it on purpose to drive us Aliens to use agents.

A friend of mine asked his local immigration office where to find an agent to do the extension for him.   They gave him contact details for an agent that also provides a bank account with 800k baht.

Immigration are obviously getting their corner.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 11:07 AM, DrJack54 said:

You should be able to open bank account at Kasikorn with extension from a non O .

BBL may also want certificate of residence.

Note that COR if obtained at CW requires you to have made a 90 day report. 

Just thought I would give you update regarding Krungsi and changing my address on my bank account, after making a complaint to head office three people came to my house offering their apologies. I know they will give me a new book, hope immigration understand that I have not closed it (will have same bank account number)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Just thought I would give you update regarding Krungsi and changing my address on my bank account, after making a complaint to head office three people came to my house offering their apologies. I know they will give me a new book, hope immigration understand that I have not closed it (will have same bank account number)

You might need a letter from the bank stating it is the same account (was the same acct#), with only the branch-name changed.  I had to do this when they closed my local-branch and "moved me" to another one. 

But, that was for a marriage-based application, which goes to the district-office for approval, so the local-IOs are really paranoid of being punished (since I wasn't filing with agent-money).  As retirement don't go to the district-office, they might not worry about it at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

You might need a letter from the bank stating it is the same account (was the same acct#), with only the branch-name changed.  I had to do this when they closed my local-branch and "moved me" to another one. 

But, that was for a marriage-based application, which goes to the district-office for approval, so the local-IOs are really paranoid of being punished (since I wasn't filing with agent-money).  As retirement don't go to the district-office, they might not worry about it at all.

Would have thought the statement for 12 months would show that?

4 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Would have thought the statement for 12 months would show that?

It will show the current branch.  But your bank-book has the old branch-name in it - is what caused the problem in my case - "not the same."  I thought it was silly, since same bank and account-number, but ... TIT.

7 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

It will show the current branch.  But your bank-book has the old branch-name in it - is what caused the problem in my case - "not the same."  I thought it was silly, since same bank and account-number, but ... TIT.

I will be back in my old city in December, maybe I will get statement for my old branch account 

Just now, Expat68 said:

I will be back in my old city in December, maybe I will get statement for my old branch account 

Hopefully, they won't even care about the branch-name for a retirement-based extension, as the district-office isn't involved. 

If they make an issue, can ask them to write a note to the bank, so the bank knows what to type/sign, to make them happy.

• Thumbs Up 1