update of bank book after extension with 800,000 THB in the bank

On 4/6/2023 at 3:47 PM, DrJack54 said:

I have read experienced guys post that immigration does it on purpose to drive us Aliens to use agents.

A friend of mine asked his local immigration office where to find an agent to do the extension for him.   They gave him contact details for an agent that also provides a bank account with 800k baht.

Immigration are obviously getting their corner.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2024 at 11:07 AM, DrJack54 said:

You should be able to open bank account at Kasikorn with extension from a non O .

BBL may also want certificate of residence.

Note that COR if obtained at CW requires you to have made a 90 day report. 

Just thought I would give you update regarding Krungsi and changing my address on my bank account, after making a complaint to head office three people came to my house offering their apologies. I know they will give me a new book, hope immigration understand that I have not closed it (will have same bank account number)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Expat68 said:

Just thought I would give you update regarding Krungsi and changing my address on my bank account, after making a complaint to head office three people came to my house offering their apologies. I know they will give me a new book, hope immigration understand that I have not closed it (will have same bank account number)

You might need a letter from the bank stating it is the same account (was the same acct#), with only the branch-name changed.  I had to do this when they closed my local-branch and "moved me" to another one. 

But, that was for a marriage-based application, which goes to the district-office for approval, so the local-IOs are really paranoid of being punished (since I wasn't filing with agent-money).  As retirement don't go to the district-office, they might not worry about it at all.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

You might need a letter from the bank stating it is the same account (was the same acct#), with only the branch-name changed.  I had to do this when they closed my local-branch and "moved me" to another one. 

But, that was for a marriage-based application, which goes to the district-office for approval, so the local-IOs are really paranoid of being punished (since I wasn't filing with agent-money).  As retirement don't go to the district-office, they might not worry about it at all.

Would have thought the statement for 12 months would show that?

4 minutes ago, Expat68 said:

Would have thought the statement for 12 months would show that?

It will show the current branch.  But your bank-book has the old branch-name in it - is what caused the problem in my case - "not the same."  I thought it was silly, since same bank and account-number, but ... TIT.

7 minutes ago, Rob Browder said:

It will show the current branch.  But your bank-book has the old branch-name in it - is what caused the problem in my case - "not the same."  I thought it was silly, since same bank and account-number, but ... TIT.

I will be back in my old city in December, maybe I will get statement for my old branch account 

Just now, Expat68 said:

I will be back in my old city in December, maybe I will get statement for my old branch account 

Hopefully, they won't even care about the branch-name for a retirement-based extension, as the district-office isn't involved. 

If they make an issue, can ask them to write a note to the bank, so the bank knows what to type/sign, to make them happy.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

From Bob, 15 October. "I went to Bangkok Bank to get verification of 800,000 acct for immigration.  My agent told me there is a new rule stating we need a hard copy from Bank in Bangkok and that It would take 12 days (I assume working days) to receive it.  So, I am on hold.  Luckily my one year visa doesn't end until middle of November
Are you aware of this or have you done it already?"

Sounds fishy to me. The bank didn't tell him that, just the agent. Anyone know about this one? 

10 minutes ago, cusanus said:

So, I am on hold.  Luckily my one year visa doesn't end until middle of November
Are you aware of this or have you done it already?

The agent is referring to "12 months bank statement" 

Most bank can do this on the spot (allow about 30 mins) however BBL (Bangkok Bank) can take up to approx a week. 200b 

The "Bank Letter" is done on the sport and simply shows the account is valid, in your name and balance. 100b 

• Thumbs Up 1

31 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The agent is referring to "12 months bank statement" 

Most bank can do this on the spot (allow about 30 mins) however BBL (Bangkok Bank) can take up to approx a week. 200b 

The "Bank Letter" is done on the sport and simply shows the account is valid, in your name and balance. 100b 

IMG_20200102_0004.jpg

IMG_20200102_0002.jpg

Edited by cusanus

Just now, cusanus said:

So when did the 12 months bank statement get added on? I've been doing two bank letters of verification from the local branch for many years, no 12 month statement required. Are you saying we do need a 12 month statement now for a 800,000 baht fixed account?

26 minutes ago, cusanus said:

So when did the 12 months bank statement get added on? I've been doing two bank letters of verification from the local branch for many years, no 12 month statement required. Are you saying we do need a 12 month statement now for a 800,000 baht fixed account?

No.

Appears that you are using fixed deposit account.

No 12 month  bank statement required.

For those of us using funds in the bank method then immigration offices accept photocopies of bank book pages back to last extension.

Note that some offices are now insisting on 12 month bank statement. 

This happened to me with recent extension as I had one month with zero transaction.

The standard bank letter I referred to is your second pic in earlier pic 

Here is example.

image.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

For those of us using funds in the bank method then immigration offices accept photocopies of bank book pages back to last extension.

This happened to me with recent extension as I had one month with zero transaction.

Here is example.

Ok, so tell me if I've got it. The 12 month statement is for non fixed accounts (in some instances only), but not required for the fixed deposit. Just to make sure so I don't have a problem come January, THANKS!

18 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No.

Here is example.

image.png

Well I have had a fixed deposit account for years.  And there is never any movement on the account, apart from  interest being added every month.

CM  immigration always insist on 12 month statements.

And I always do copies, back to front of the passbook. 

Edited by Raindancer
Additional info

2 minutes ago, cusanus said:

Ok, so tell me if I've got it. The 12 month statement is for non fixed accounts (in some instances only), but not required for the fixed deposit. Just to make sure so I don't have a problem come January, THANKS!

That's correct. However immigration offices can vary. 

Just as a back up do photocopy of bankbook pages. The cover page with name and account number and pages back till last extension. 

There will be no transactions apart from any interest.

My last extension I used two accounts at CW.

I provided 12 month statement for savings account and just bank book pages for FD account

5 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Well I have had a fixed deposit account for years.  And there is never any movement on the account, apart from  interest being added every month.

I've never been required a 12 month statement nor several of my friends. Perhaps the 1st letter of the two in my above post is the 12 month statement. I think that's right because it used to be only one letter required, then the 2nd which probably is just one line because there's no activity, but it is NOT a 12 month statement from Bangkok, just the local branch. My friend is upset because suddenly he's asked for a 12 month from the home office and I'm guessing it's because he has a non fixed account. 

15 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

In posts on these matters it goes without saying that immigration offices vary.

I have used FD account for years at CW and never provided a 12 month bank statement.

Not long ago I had stamps transfered to new passport.

They wanted my bank books (I use FD and savings account) 

Not only that they made me go downstairs to banks and have make a deposit. 

This is not a stated requirement and never has been.

Immigration can do/ask for anything.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

In my posts on these matters it goes without saying that immigration offices vary.

I have used FD account for years at CW and never provided a 12 month bank statement.

Not long ago I had stamps transfered to new passport.

They wanted my bank books (I use FD and savings account) 

Not only that they made me go downstairs to banks and have make a deposit. 

This is not a stated requirement and never has been.

Immigration can do/ask for anything.

Thanks. Turns out he using the fixed orange passbook; however, he uses an agent and it's the agent telling him it's a new rule. I guess I'll have to drive to Immigration and ask for myself if there's a new rule or my two letters will work come January.

2 hours ago, cusanus said:

Thanks. Turns out he using the fixed orange passbook; however, he uses an agent and it's the agent telling him it's a new rule. I guess I'll have to drive to Immigration and ask for myself if there's a new rule or my two letters will work come January.

I made the trip, hit by truck near the gas station. Lucky, minor damage to knee and Rebel side panel. Traffic insane. I spoke to the same man I see every year for document inspection pre visa extension. He's extremely particular about those same things. He said there is no rule change, same two bank letters as last year and prior years.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I see some of this has been stated before....and yet some folks just don't understand.

.......so let me say this again:

Immigration offices vary, so what is required varies. Get used to it and just do as they request.

Immigration officers may have different requirements. Get used to it and just do as they request.

Lastly, just because it's the same office and even the same officer doesn't mean requirements won't change from one time to the next when wanting to do the exact same thing.

Golden rule:  

TIT

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

Lastly, just because it's the same office and even the same officer doesn't mean requirements won't change from one time to the next when wanting to do the exact same thing.

This is Chiang Mai. It's always been the same here as general national rules, 

38 minutes ago, cusanus said:

This is Chiang Mai. It's always been the same here as general national rules, 

Not from my experience.  I did extensions, both marriage and retirement, and it wasn't the same for me every time and some of those times were with the same officer.

Ex: Sometimes I would need a hand drawn map done right there and other times just a copy of a previously drawn one was good enough....

One time I was required to show my US 1040 tax return for that year..

That request was only once.

Some times they want EVERY SINGLE PAGE of my passport copied and other times just a few pages.

Without going into all the details I can honestly tell you that CM wasn't always EXACTLY the same for me.