Motorbike Driving Licence Pattaya

bbi1

For a Laos citizen who doesn't hold a motorbike licence anywhere in the world but knows how to drive a motorbike back in Laos, are there any "express" options (eg. via an agent and if so, any recommended ones) for getting a licence without having to go to the Land Transport Office and doing a test? If not, do Laos citizens need to queue up with the foreigners in the queue outside? If there are no express options, how long and what are the usual steps that's needed for someone who has never held a motorbike licence before?

13 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

If not, do Laos citizens need to queue up with the foreigners in the queue outside?

Are you insinuating that the queue for Thai applicants is shorter, or is it that they don't bother with one. 555

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Same as falang,if you pay and she uses an agent its marginally easier, they take you there back and help with test but she'll still need to do the physical test. Or go there get appointment and go back for remainder

How long is the 2 day course that is needed to be done? Does it take up 2 complete full days from 9am to 5pm?

Am I correct in understanding 3 days in total are needed, one day to get an appointment and then 2 days for the written and driving test? Is the written test able to be done either in English or Thai?

Edited by bbi1

7 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

How long is the 2 day course that is needed to be done? Does it take up 2 complete full days from 9am to 5pm?

Am I correct in understanding 3 days in total are needed, one day to get an appointment and then 2 days for the written and driving test? Is the written test able to be done either in English or Thai?

Read this, should tell you what you need to know

https://pcec.club/Thai-Driving-License

Procedure for replacing a lost Number plate and  tax  disc as of  10th May 23 

(1)   Report the lost items at your nearest area police station , you will receive a official letter which you will need later ( free of charge)

(2) documents you need to take to the land transport office 

1 .. passport

2,, vehicle log book

3,, the report letter you got from the police ,

(3) At the land transport office go straight to the information desk in the main build ,

The lady at the desk was extremely helpful  she filled in the form  for me that I needed , photo copied my passport,  she then issued a queue number ticket  ,

(4) wait at window number 4 until your number shows up on the Monitor .

(5)  when it is your turn hand all the paperwork to the lady at the desk (she will tell you to take a seat until called for again 

(6) approx 10 minute later she will call you back ,, she then hands you a new tax disc and you pay 125 baht for the replacement disc  she then tells you to return in 20 days to pick up and pay for the replacement number plate . 

(7) keep the receipt slip which is  attached to the tax disc you'll need that to claim the replacement number plate at a later date . 

(8) take your vehicle log book and passport and the receipt slip with you when returning to collect your number plate  (you might be asked to show one or all of them   ).

(9) from entering the land transport office to walking out of the building took 35 minutes  ( I arrived at 13:05 hrs and left 14:40 hrs)

• Confused 1

are there any "express" options (eg. via an agent and if so, any recommended ones) for getting a licence without having to go to the Land Transport Office and doing a test?

Your friend will likely have to go to the office at least once as they need to take a photo and fingerprint (or is the fingerprint only used for the exam?).

But yes, an agent has offered me what your friend is looking for. I went with the more legit option as it was cheaper and I wasn't worried I'd fail the tests.

The exams are a bit of a joke and another person there passed the riding test without even taking it, simply because the proctor was otherwise occupied or didn't want to deal with the guy.

Edited by spongeworthy
  • Love It 1