Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Thai soon to be 15 years old girlfriends sons bedroom

Stevey

On 4/21/2023 at 5:30 PM, Stevey said:

"her son and her failure to put her foot down",  "I just punish the bad lad by financing zero aspects of his life", "I don’t speak to him", "in your moms house"

You are the head of the household. The language you use suggests you have really not yet realized this. This is your (step)son in your house.

You deflecting away any responsibility for current and future circumstances will not change reality, so you might think about what your own long-term plan for personal happiness in this is.

Let's not forget, you came here asking for advice and help. Therefore I really mean this in a friendly and constructive way and I think I gave you good advice, so I will leave it at that. You might reflect on it, and maybe gain a different perpective -- or not. Whatever you are doing at the moment is clearly not working, so a decision will be forced upon you if you are not acting by yourself and I believe it is always worse to react to something passively instead of having shaped your own circumstances.

In the end it is you, who must lie in the bed you are making for yourself, so as the locals say: "up to you" (again, saying this friendly and without any malice).

• Thumbs Up 1