Do I need to supply my Mother and Father's details to be registered at an address

RobU

We have been attempting to get my name in the registration book for my wife's property for nearly 3 months now.

Initially someone  (i will not say who) 'requested' we donate 10,000 baht to the Red Cross, which I refused. To-ing and Fro-ing with paperwork culminated in us being told that we must wait a month after the paperwork was approved. We returned to the register office after a month to be told that I must supply my mother and father's details.

Is this a requirement to be registered in the book or is it just stalling?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Funny you should ask that.In 2007 when at the land offce with my lawyer and stepdaughter to have the Chanote put in her name I was informed that my name was being put on the Chanote.(30 year lease)

They then asked for both my mothers and fathers names? Why? they had both been deceased several years already, no answer just do.lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

The OP was asking about the application process. Nothing about the need to have one.

He gave the full "SP".

2 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If you can't tell us the full SP then how do you expect us to help you?     deadhorsebig

Exactly my point thanks youreavinalaff

Why? Is irrelevant to my question 

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

As I recall, I too had to supply my parent's full names when I got my tabian baan.

I do not recall being asked for anything more than their full names, but as it has been many years  perhaps I forgot. In any event it was nothing I could not answer off the top of my head.

I think it is for identification purposes in case there is more than one person of the same exact name and date of birth.

Yes, me too in the amphur at Udon Thani way back when. It's a box checking/filling exercise, that's all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone for responding. I was just a little miffed at having another delay. I have the relevant details and, as recommended, I will supply them. A bit cheesed off that they couldn't be bothered to inform me of this requirement when the 1 month waiting period started or during that period l. Instead they waited for us to come into the Amphur after the 1 month period was ended 

7 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Well would you be so kind as to show me where he did if you believe him? 

Well, he posted sufficient information to get the answers he needed. 

So far, you are the only one to seem to think he missed off some needed information to get his answer, which he has actually received.

Edited by youreavinalaff

11 hours ago, RobU said:

We returned to the register office after a month to be told that I must supply my mother and father's details.

I was also asked for those details when we went to obtain a yellow house book and pink ID. It was the first time in many years that I'd been asked for those details.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Where did he or me mention the 'Yellow Book'?

I did. I pointed out in my first post.

At the end of the day, unless the OP has PR (which I also mentioned) his application is for a yellow book. As you well know from your replies to previous topics about yellow book applications.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

No it isn't. If we knew 'why' then we may be able to help.

Help has already been given by those that understand the question.

Maybe you can explain what answers he could have given to your question "Why?" that would help you answer his original question, which was  " 

We returned to the register office after a month to be told that I must supply my mother and father's details.

Is this a requirement to be registered in the book or is it just stalling?"

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

We have been attempting to get my name in the registration book for my wife's property for nearly 3 months now.

What purpose does it serve to get ones name registered in the wife's book? Is the question. The OP won't answer so why don't you? youreavinalaff

Edited by IvorBiggun2

6 hours ago, youreavinalaff said:

Unless you have PR you cannot do that.

You need to apply for a yellow book.

My name is on my chanote.I have a 30 year lease with my step daughter registered as the owner outright.All done thru a lawyer.Pattaya land office in 2007.A friends wife challenged me about that once saying it was not possible.So I promptly went to the safe and produced said document.That night she she overdosed on crow.

4 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

My name is on my chanote.I have a 30 year lease with my step daughter registered as the owner outright.All done thru a lawyer.Pattaya land office in 2007.A friends wife challenged me about that once saying it was not possible.So I promptly went to the safe and produced said document.That night she she overdosed on crow.

Chanote and "registration book", as the OP called it, are different entities. 

You have a lease. A right to live on/in the property. The OP is simply trying to register his address.

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2