Do I need to supply my Mother and Father's details to be registered at an address

RobU

11 hours ago, RobU said:

We have been attempting to get my name in the registration book for my wife's property

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

No one has asked that question.

First question asked in the thread.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, chuang said:

Just do it and end the problem. No harm done.

Put Donald Trump and Putin..

It's indeed a field to be filled for the "yellow housebook".

Fortunately they didn't require specific documents on that.

Particularly as nationality of both parents also asked.

When applying for "pink card" be prepared for question about religion and bloodgroup :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I had explained some entries in the yellow book, a post from 2015.

Among them:

* first name(s) of mother

* nationality of mother

* first name of father

* nationality of father

Edited by KhunBENQ

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

So tell me the answer to the question. The question was 'why'.

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

That was your question.

His question, the subject of this thread, has been answered.

Your question has not as it was inane.

Thanks for your support youreavinalaff. Ivorbiggun2 Is a classic Troll i.e. hijacking the thread by creating an argument over a related but irrelevant issue. I recognised immediately what he was trying to do that's why I answered with 'because'. if I had fallen for his trap he would probably then have gone on to ridicule or disparage me. My query has been answered by yourself and others thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/10/2023 at 10:40 AM, chuang said:

Just do it and end the problem. No harm done.

Put Donald Trump and Putin..

That brings up some questions.

Which one's the mother? Is it a gay marriage or a civil partnership?

It would be interesting to see the reaction. Only as an onlooker of course. If you're involved yourself I would imagine you'd have enough problem already.

I can't remember what it was for but I think I've been asked for my mother and father's names a long time ago.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, RobU said:

Thanks for your support youreavinalaff. Ivorbiggun2 Is a classic Troll i.e. hijacking the thread by creating an argument over a related but irrelevant issue. I recognised immediately what he was trying to do that's why I answered with 'because'. if I had fallen for his trap he would probably then have gone on to ridicule or disparage me. My query has been answered by yourself and others thank you.

Well said. Worded as  "Is there a reason why you need your name in the book or can you get away without it?"  "Is it just something you want to do?" would be reasonable and the answer could be useful to others, particularly if not having it in the book could cause problems later on. Just saying "Why?" doesn't sound like a genuine question.

Glad you got a useful answer.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kimamey said:

Well said. Worded as  "Is there a reason why you need your name in the book or can you get away without it?"  "Is it just something you want to do?" would be reasonable and the answer could be useful to others, particularly if not having it in the book could cause problems later on. Just saying "Why?" doesn't sound like a genuine question.

Glad you got a useful answer.

Thank you but even worded the way you say I would be very dubious. Ivorbiggun2 went on to prove he was trolling. Ignoring the fact that I had thanked contributors for useful answers and continuing the argument he also made what could be seen a disparaging comment (in the way it is worded) querying why I wanted my name in the blue book. My opinion is that he is one of the trolls who cruise this site looking for victims to insult and derogate for daring to show lack of understanding.

On 4/10/2023 at 8:31 AM, youreavinalaff said:

Unless you have PR you cannot do that.

You need to apply for a yellow book.

Well, Im in my wifes book, dont ask why, but I am.

Before that I was registered in father in law book, where I got the Yellow book, but for my wife house book, Im in her blue book without yellow book.

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 2

Yellow book is for farangy residing at a house, even the wife's house. When applying for a yellow book, they ask the farangy for his parents names...The book costs, I think 40bht, it was a long time ago........????

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Well, Im in my wifes book, dont ask why, but I am.

Before that I was registered in father in law book, where I got the Yellow book, but for my wife house book, Im in her blue book without yellow book.

There are, of course, exceptions. Usually errors on the part of the district office.

The given rule is foreigners cannot be in blue book unless the have PR. .

• Thanks 1