NON-O based on marriage - Vientiane

Hi everyone, I'm about to go Vientiane to get a NON-O visa based on marriage.

The list of documents on their website:
image.png.e110b291b98bdd1c72e439c81378ba06.png

Only these are required??

Documents of Thai national: a marriage certificate or a birth certificate, a passport, a Thai ID Card, and a house registration (or their certified copies)

Has anyone been there recently? I'm wondering if I need to show bank statements and/or letters as well as anything else. That list of docs looks oddly short.

Thanks in advance!

Documents required there were always pretty short. It is probably correct. Better to have a one sentence letter from your wife requesting they provide the visa, and evidence of a minimal amount of money (20,000 baht or so probably enough) which can occasionally be needed during any visa application. I assume you realise that Vientiane only gives you a single entry Non O visa.

20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Documents required there were always pretty short. It is probably correct. Better to have a one sentence letter from your wife requesting they provide the visa, and evidence of a minimal amount of money (20,000 baht or so probably enough) which can occasionally be needed during any visa application. I assume you realise that Vientiane only gives you a single entry Non O visa.

Hi thanks, I can provide evidence of funds without a problem, I guess I'll bring a bank statement just in case.

25 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I assume you realise that Vientiane only gives you a single entry Non O visa.

Yes, I'm aware, for which I can get a 1 year extension once I'm back in Thailand, correct?

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, chikili said:

Hi thanks, I can provide evidence of funds without a problem, I guess I'll bring a bank statement just in case.

Yes, I'm aware, for which I can get a 1 year extension once I'm back in Thailand, correct?

Correct!

• Thanks 1