Thai man loses 10,000 baht in lottery after being conned into buying old tickets

snoop1130

341777565_508102638031429_8320442709547522819_n.jpg

Photo via Facebook/ ตระเวนข่าว3

A Thai man filed a complaint with the police after he was conned into buying old lottery tickets by a vendor in Samut Prakarn province near Bangkok and lost a 10,000 baht lottery prize.

The 66 year old lottery winner, or loser, Thanapon Thongchaiya, filed a complaint at Phra Pradaeng Police Station yesterday. Thanapon told police that he bought seven lottery tickets and all of them won the two-digit prize, number 71, which was announced yesterday, April 16.

Unfortunately, he could only claim two prizes because the other five were from the April 1 lottery result. As a result, he lost the 10,000 baht prize and also the money he had paid for the lottery tickets.

Thanapon revealed that he bought the tickets from a shop in front of Siam Commercial Bank near Phra Pradaeng Market in Samut Prakarn province. The seller was a woman aged around 30 to 35 years old. The tickets were sold in a set, packed in a plastic bag. The first two tickets on the set were for April 16, but the rest were not.

Thanapon expressed his disappointment. He said…

“I did not recheck the tickets before leaving the shop. I can remember the identity of the seller. She is a woman aged about 30 years old. I felt sad but I have to admit it. I do not know whether she intended to do this or not. Beware and check the tickets carefully everyone.”

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/thai-man-loses-10000-baht-in-lottery-after-being-conned-into-buying-old-tickets

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-04-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

“I did not recheck the tickets before leaving the shop. I can remember the identity of the seller. She is a woman aged about 30 years old. I felt sad but I have to admit it. I do not know whether she intended to do this or not. Beware and check the tickets carefully everyone.”

Scammed for sure.