Tourist Visa

I am looking to visit Thailand from November 2023 to end of March 2024. I intend to apply for a multiple entry tourist visa, I have already purchased my return ticket flying from UK

1)When should I apply for the e-visa

2) Will I need to provide evidence of onward travel within 60 days of arriving in Thailand 

Do not apply early.

When the METV is issued it has an expiry date. 

Suggest you read threads about METV obtained in your country and apply according.

Couple of weeks early most likely sufficient. 

Regards onward flight you could provide rent a ticket.

For eVisa they do not seem to check current validity.

An alternative would be to book genuine ticket to for example Vietnam for mini break from Thailand. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Highlander61 said:

1)When should I apply for the e-visa

2) Will I need to provide evidence of onward travel within 60 days of arriving in Thailand 

E-visas in the UK are fairly quick, my Non O took 3 days and there have been many similar reports as indicated above, 2-3 weeks beforehand would be reasonable.

If this is your first time you can start making preparations as soon as you want. You need to open an account which can be done anytime. Once you have an account you can start an application to get a feel for what is required, if the application is not submitted it will be removed from the system in a couple of weeks.

You will be asked about travel arrangements on the application and if you have a visa the question of onward travel  should not arise. That would only normally arise for those travelling visa exempt.

• Thanks 1

You do not need an onward flight within 60 days.

You do need your return ticket,

Accommodation booking

£10,000 in bank for 6 months

Pictures of self, passport and self holding passport.

All jpg and single page upload for each.

Visa duration starts on issue date, not arrival date.

Why bother if they reintroduce the 45 day exempt on entry, 45 days on entry, a pre bought flight after 45 days for a little trip outside Thailand,  45 days on reentry, plus 30 days extension at local immigration. 45+45+30=120 days. Job done also takes care of any onward flight issue that may occur 

Edited by Toby1947
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1