Are there any 'normal' farangs living in Thailand?

bob smith

7 hours ago, bignok said:

Humans are all duds really. Just fumbling to the finish line. 

with a clear goal and a little bit of dicipline, you do not need to be fumbling over the finish line ???? 

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

That sounds nice, but I would bet against it being true.

I worked two different careers that involved living the expat life. Both careers were high income, though the second was extremely high income. My expat colleagues were university educated, many with advanced degrees. Successful men. The majority of their marriages broke up and hubby took a local wife. The rate of divorce back home is supposedly 50%. The rate of divorce for expats coming to Asia is likely far higher. 75% would not surprise me. Japan, South Korea, Thailand, the Philippines....almost all countries save for Hong Kong SAR...are divorcee makers.

Many people who decide to change their lives radically do this

for a reason.

Some get a dog ,some get a motorbike and some decide to have another child.

When you know this about your self and the underlying problem is your

relationship then this can happen and it is just a matter of time.

12 minutes ago, Bangel72 said:

Everything perfectly normal here, its the everyone else outside Thailand that are still stuck in the matrix and think they know what normal is.

Escaping the matrix earlier living on an Island could have worked, but now, the matrix comes to you

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Escaping the matrix earlier living on an Island could have worked, but now, the matrix comes to you

Got to think outside the box ...

... island (noun)

1. a piece of land surrounded by water.

With that, I not only live almost surfside, but technically, on an island/land mass surrounded by water.

image.png.3ab8db869b02643e8e2ff7ef2850f0a1.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

... island (noun)

With that, I not only live almost surfside, but technically, on an island/land mass surrounded by water.

if that works for you, good

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

... island (noun)

Did you draw that yourself?

• Haha 1

Thailand, in many ways, is a dangerous place for foreigners. The illusion of happiness and its absolute accessibility is stronger here than anywhere else in the world. And, of course, like any illusion, it leaves a mark on those who get disappointed in it. Many people are able to understand and realize the falsehood of everything here in time and rebuild their lives, but some pursue the illusion to the end. Also, my signature describes the story of the broken foreigners in Thailand in the best way possible.

Edited by Hellfire
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

Thailand, in many ways, is a dangerous place for foreigners. The illusion of happiness and its absolute accessibility is stronger here than anywhere else in the world. And, of course, like any illusion, it leaves a mark on those who get disappointed in it. Many people are able to understand and realize the falsehood of everything here in time and rebuild their lives, but some pursue the illusion to the end. Also, my signature describes the story of the broken foreigners in Thailand in the best way possible.

No. It can be dangerous to arrogant foreigners who think they have descended from Mars - well, those foreigners are in danger not ONLY in TH, but in any country, including their home country.

Edited by ravip
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 3NUMBAS said:

germans in pattaya have the biggest beer bellys , a massive slab of blubber overhanging their trussers .i have never seen bigger bellys anywhere ,does somebody have a photo??

Up to them. Does not bother me.:smile:

Edited by ravip

3 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

germans in pattaya have the biggest beer bellys , a massive slab of blubber overhanging their trussers .i have never seen bigger bellys anywhere ,does somebody have a photo??

Thats the first thing my mother in law saw at Hua Hin beach in a speedo. Imagine, and hairy as F 

First time on the beach, and my best guess, she have only seen father in law naked in her whole life

Edited by Hummin

16 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

beautifully written. well done ????

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hellfire said:

We create our own illusions based on our experiences and what we read and hear, so whats your reality is not my reality, and important to remember when you share your experiences. 

On 4/18/2023 at 2:44 PM, ubonr1971 said:

You can get stunning thai girl half your age with

no 'entitled' westerner attitude. 

There's a long list of characteristics such a girl is unlikely to have.  Solid broad based education, desire for self-improvement, curiosity, experience of other cultures to illustrate just a few.

35 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

germans in pattaya have the biggest beer bellys , a massive slab of blubber overhanging their trussers .i have never seen bigger bellys anywhere..

So true! And British are generally drunk, Jews have big noses, black people smell and Thais are lazy...hrhrhr