Turkish man assaults Pattaya restaurant worker, leaving him in a coma

webfact

On 4/22/2023 at 10:45 AM, richard_smith237 said:

The ‘water throwing’ is very easy to avoid....  Unless someone lives right in the middle of a chaotic area. 

Even then, with a car (or taxi) its easily avoidable. 

But don’t go to an area like Sukhumvit Soi 11, Silom or Khao Sarn Rd then get upset because you got wet.

I live in the Soi 11 area - yet managed to remain dry this year. Just took a taxi to whereever I wanted to go, and avoided Nana/Cowboy and other such areas. If someone chooses to walk in such areas they do so at their own soak risk.

As for this guy - he had a water gun in his hand and was spraying passerbys. He knew exactly what was going on and there's zero room for excuses.

20 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I understand that you may not grasp such things.   From what I have been reading about the UK, you are, almost, not allowed to have a knife longer than 3 inches if that, when outside your house, much less being legally allowed to carry a concealed firearm.   

But rest assured, so few people actually know how in depth a background investigation is for a security clearance, for Top Secret security clearances, they think that a background investigation for a concealed carry handgun is a real back ground investigation.  It is not and neither would a background investigation for a visa be either.   

And that is my point of my posted comment and analogy.   I still do occasional contract work for the government, as a federal agent, even though I am retired.  I still have to maintain a moral character and non-criminal life that is required of that work (even though there are certain people who are more equal than others and they don't).  

There is no way that either the CCP investigation or a background investigation for a visa can compare to the investigations that I have gone through, yet, there are those that want me to apply to a local law enforcement agency to get a "criminal background investigation" just so I can travel to Thailand.   Just think of the visa background investigation as playing in a kiddie pool that is 6 inches deep, compared to the one I went through,  as deep sea diving to 14,000 feet below the surface of the ocean.

Do get over yourself.....

• Like 1