Are you still out there socially at your age ?

11 hours ago, sidjameson said:

If you want to test out how desirable your company is, try buying drinks for girls in a bar where the women's livelihood doesn't depend on their time in a bar and report back.

It's like the sexual revolution never happened for it still be up to the guy to bribe women in a bar to talk to them with drinks. Why can't a non prostitute woman talk to a guy without requiring a free drink?

Female colleague of mine used to laugh about the stupid guys that kept her and her female friends supplied with drinks in a bar, but went home without them.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If a young or middle-aged woman starts a relationship with a 70-year-old guy, then this taking care and who will die first question is obvious.

But how about if a 50-year-old guy starts a relationship with a 25- or 30-year-old woman? Do they both think about what will happen when he is old? Or do they look at each other and they don't think about getting old?

I never met a young person that thinks about themselves getting old.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

If a young or middle-aged woman starts a relationship with a 70-year-old guy, then this taking care and who will die first question is obvious.

But how about if a 50-year-old guy starts a relationship with a 25- or 30-year-old woman? Do they both think about what will happen when he is old? Or do they look at each other and they don't think about getting old?

51 & 29 ... we were so young   And 17 yrs later and all is good, still not thinking too much about getting older, since we're already there.

Reading AN, with folks knocking on, or in their 80s ... I'm feeling younger every day.   Till the day I don't wake up, which I won't even notice ... hopefully.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

51 & 29 ... we were so young   And 17 yrs later and all is good, still not thinking too much about getting older, since we're already there.

Reading AN, with folks knocking on, or in their 80s ... I'm feeling younger every day.   Till the day I don't wake up, which I won't even notice ... hopefully.  

That's my plan too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Skallywag said:

Being over 60 and retired in Pattaya, weekends are the time I go out the least as so much traffic and crowds from Bangkok people visiting here.  I go out walking daily and swim at my condo daily.  Just walk, take baht buses, never drive.  One of the ways I keep active, which is necessary for anyone over 60...or younger IMO

Also, of course I need groceries and prepared meals.  I also walk or take baht bus or a combination to get those.  Most evening meals I walk to a nearby cafe and eat there or take home.  Even during the pandemic I never used a delivery service.  Logically, food delivery should only be for those who work at home or work so hard they have no time to go get or prepare their meals.  Does not seem to work that way, food delivery is another sad trend for the  lazy it seems.  

I am retired, so no need to have items delivered as I have plenty of time to get myself. 

I prefer to converse with Thai massage ladies, other Thai ladies I know who run coffee shops or cafes.  Bar conversations can also be interesting if the guys are newbies and have that "kid in the candy store" look in their eyes.  

The diversity of foreigners I have met is amazing to me, and many I have had 3-15 minute conversations with.  Most just want to know what it is like to live here as they are here on short holiday stays.  

It is all about getting outside and looking around, smiling at people, laughing with Thai people, living life each day to the best of your ability.  

I'm struggling to figure out how conversation with massage ladies is any different to bar ladies.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

I'm struggling to figure out how conversation with massage ladies is any different to bar ladies.

The massage ladies have to stay with you for an hour and perform massage...they are a captive audience.  Bar girls will leave quickly if a younger man with baht to spend comes in  5555 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is stickman still around?

Last time I read his site he was back in NZ ?

He's still in NZ, stopped reading his material a year ago after his glowing obituary to Eden club Marc, who went out and shot his ex dead then his partner, who did not die, before being gunned down himself. He had some very odd friends.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

The massage ladies have to stay with you for an hour and perform massage...they are a captive audience.  Bar girls will leave quickly if a younger man with baht to spend comes in  5555 

My point was how is the conversation less interesting?

That isn't my experience by the way and I'm not young.

On 4/22/2023 at 3:23 PM, jaideedave said:

In my almost 20 years in Pattaya I've warmed more bar stools than I care to admit.At 72 I am no longer interested in socializing with people that I used to represent.I'm a homebody these days.Here I am answering this forum.That should tell the story.

I've had more than my share of fun in "fun city" I sold my last HD a few years ago due to health.

I feel I no longer fit in and most of the conversations bore that crap out of me.My bucket list is complete.I'm basically content these days in > Heaven's Waiting Room <

You enjoy being at home, and that's all that counts. I'm the same. Some people are suggesting it's punishment to be at home, but for me it's pleasure. I have my own gym, exercise a lot, and go out to shop - that's it. The idea of hanging out with bar girls who are pretending they are interested in old men is absurd.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JensenZ said:

You enjoy being at home, and that's all that counts. I'm the same. Some people are suggesting it's punishment to be at home, but for me it's pleasure. I have my own gym, exercise a lot, and go out to shop - that's it. The idea of hanging out with bar girls who are pretending they are interested in old men is absurd.

I'd have to ask my girlfriend but I doubt that she'd agree with you.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'd have to ask my girlfriend but I doubt that she'd agree with you.

I've been married to a young lady for many years. You'll never get the truth from a partner. I'm cutting her loose as I now feel sorry for her being with a 60+, 28 years her senior. She needs someone younger with more energy to do the stuff that the OP is suggesting.

• Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not so sure that sex is another issue.

Just looking at all those adult couples out there, young and old. Do they all get horny when they see their partner? Is the 50 yo guy still attracted to the body of his 50 yo wife and the other way around?

I think love and sex can and do happen in many ways and forms. It seems some people only care about the body of the other person. Others fall in love with this kind and maybe ugly and old person, and they are happy to be intimate together. 

I guess most of us know couples where we ask ourself: Why he she together with him? Or why does he love her? But somehow, they seem to love each other, maybe for years.

It's complicated.

Love is something you create in your mind after first attraction is gone, cultivate, maintain and a choice you make to grow and maintain a good feeling for a person you respect. Without respect for your partner, no base to cultivate positive long lasting feelings. 

Maybe lack of selfrespect and confidence is the biggest problem in some relationships?  Meaning one or both parts

Edited by Hummin
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My point was how is the conversation less interesting?

That isn't my experience by the way and I'm not young.

Everyone has a unique story do they not?  Interesting is objective, yet there is always pleasure involved with human contact and conversation if you have simple expectations.

I do not want to hear about politics, war in Ukraine, inflation, bit coin, gun violence, or the current price of the dollar or euro.  Thai people live a simple life for the most part and I find their conversations interesting many times...obviously only if they speak enough English so I can understand, which of course is not always the case.

Think retirees who give up on having contact and conversation with others are simply giving up on one of the most pleasurable things in life.  

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Everyone has a unique story do they not?  Interesting is objective, yet there is always pleasure involved with human contact and conversation if you have simple expectations.

I do not want to hear about politics, war in Ukraine, inflation, bit coin, gun violence, or the current price of the dollar or euro.  Thai people live a simple life for the most part and I find their conversations interesting many times...obviously only if they speak enough English so I can understand, which of course is not always the case.

Think retirees who give up on having contact and conversation with others are simply giving up on one of the most pleasurable things in life.  

People are not all the same. Some enjoy superficial converations with strangers, others don't.... but either way, most of the world has changed to online communication, at least in developed countries. Take a look around in a restaurant next time you're there. The majority of diners are on their mobile phones while sitting with friends and partners. Even dating is mostly conducted online these days - the world has changed a lot since most of us older folk were young. We didn't have mobile phones or internet. We had to go home to use the phone, or find a phone booth. Back those days person to person contact was all there was unless you joined a dating agency and wrote letters.

When I first came to Thailand I did all the social things: weddings; funerals; birthdays; karaoke bars; holiday trips etc. etc.

Now I don't so much unless it's someone I know. Everyone is always excited to meet 'the farang' and take photos, but then it's all about the drinking and eating. Not so much for me these days.

I still enjoy dancing and that has been, and remains, a good way to get to know Thai people. The blokes want to buy you a drink and the ladies all want to dance with you.

But I am happy enough with my own company for the most part. Loud music, heavy drinking not so much these days. But I think it would be the same whatever country I lived in.

23 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

a woman may be said to put on her whore makeup when she takes on a role which she thinks will please men resulting in a transfer of dollars.  

Not seeing a downside here. A woman who puts on make-up to be attractive to men is def on my team.

If that make-up leans a little whorish? Bonus points, partic if it's below the neck.

Edited by LaosLover

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am not so sure that sex is another issue.

Is the 50 yo guy still attracted to the body of his 50 yo wife and the other way around?

I'm 70, my white wife is 60. I just looked at a pic of our wedding 10 years ago.

She looks like the Mom of the woman in that picture -of course, somewhere along the line, I stumbled into looking like claymation Fred Flintstone. 

My wife says, "after menopause, the collagen just full out of my face, leaving it looking like a deflated balloon". It's at least somewhat true.

But she's still very physically and mentally into me; possibly the last person on earth who will ever be so.

I can't buy that, I can't realistically seduce my way into that. Believe me, I have tried elsewhere.

I could have def gotten with the slimmer, younger and English-fluent guesthouse owner when I first got here  -she'd have done the deed, but she wouldn't have been gagging for it.

Do people here with younger partners:

1) find that into-them factor with them?

2) don't mind it being less than optimal?

Edited by LaosLover
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's like the sexual revolution never happened for it still be up to the guy to bribe women in a bar to talk to them with drinks. Why can't a non prostitute woman talk to a guy without requiring a free drink?

Female colleague of mine used to laugh about the stupid guys that kept her and her female friends supplied with drinks in a bar, but went home without them.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes not. A decent woman would have said now if not interested, and if during the conversation they discover this man who buying them drinks is not for them, it is allowed to turn a man down even he paid them drinks. 

Every woman needs attention and conformation, even after married. Many men forget that so easy

3 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Looks a bit sad. Expect better from a smart lady. Here is the Australian letter putter upperer and maths whiz Lily Serna 

Lily Serna

Lily Serna (Official) | Facebook

Yeah right, is she 62..............Weeeelll, Could be, I suppose................????

The internet has all but killed drink-buying by strange men who may be serial killers (or Trump supporters).

Audition first on the app (it's 5 boys for every girl), pray your banter in response to her 2 words texts sufficiently impresses, and then go to your job-interview date at Starbucks.

The heady days of cold approach are gone, never to return.

46 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I'm 70, my white wife is 60. I just looked at a pic of our wedding 10 years ago.

She looks like the Mom of the woman in that picture -of course, somewhere along the line, I stumbled into looking like claymation Fred Flintstone. 

My wife says, "after menopause, the collagen just full out of my face, leaving it looking like a deflated balloon". It's at least somewhat true.

But she's still very physically and mentally into me; possibly the last person on earth who will ever be so.

I can't buy that, I can't realistically seduce my way into that. Believe me, I have tried elsewhere.

I could have def gotten with the slimmer, younger and English-fluent guesthouse owner when I first got here  -she'd have done the deed, but she wouldn't have been gagging for it.

Do people here with younger partners:

1) find that into-them factor with them?

2) don't mind it being less than optimal?

I totally get this.

I'm mid 60's Mrs G mid 50's. Been together a long time over 20 years at this point and seen a lot.

Neither of us are what we were 20 years ago, but here we are still together.

There is a lot of focus on here about physical attraction.

For most of us that have gone the distance, looks may fade but if you do actually care for someone that really doesn't matter and you become blind to it.

Maybe we don't go at it like the rabbits that we were 20 years ago, but we are still into each other, which many on here just don't seem to get, that it is possible for older guys to actually sexually desire older women.

I know we're all different, but I would have no desire to come home a partner young enough to be my daughter, just to bang her every night.

I'm in that minority here, where sex aside, I just like to be with someone who I can watch TV with, share how our day went, and now enjoy the mutual joy of our grandkids.

Boring I know to many, but hey, we are all different

6 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

many on here just don't seem to get, that it is possible for older guys to actually sexually desire older women.

If a woman is really into me and she's a 6, she's knocked up to an 8.

If she's a 9 and looks at me like something she'd scrape off of her shoe, she's demoted to a 7.

They actually get better and worse looking before my very eyes. Medically, I wonder how they do that.

Edited by LaosLover