Are you still out there socially at your age ?

I'm guessing the old guys who go out to these events wouldn't be sitting on this forum ,they would be out there now I guess enjoying life .

I was walking home from work last night in Sydney about 1030pm only to see a drag queen probably in his 60's lining up outside a bar to get in ...it was a cold night and I had respect for someone like that who actually goes out to mix with the drunks and young people and lines up on a cold night to get into a bar rather than the rest of us who would prefer to go home and watch midsummer murders or touch of frost on tv 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

No we're obviously sitting here bickering over nothing, in reference to just about everything, because it's free, and a lot more interesting than telling a bar-girl with broken English where my name, what I'm from, when I do, which I go. And how mutt you pay. 

I'm not talking about bars ,I'm taking more about do you.mix into social events ,like fo you go to the fireworks at night ,do you go out to songkran festivities and mix with crowds etc 

been there done it, and done with it. The last festival I enjoyed was Hua Hin Jazz festival, and will do next one I have chance to attend, but Songkran is more a family event for us back home, quiet and nice in our garden. 

We did attend the beach festival New Year, crazy, and dangerous

Edited by Hummin

An old white woman talked to me at the gym today. OK-ish looking. Seriously, mind blown. First time ever for: 1) someone talking to me at the gym 2) a white woman here talking to me at all.

Pot bars are very social and all ages. If you can resist boomer-lecturing and remembering when a slice of pizza was a quarter, people are happy to engage. Just don't harsh their mellow. No Trump talk, etc.

Over on Reddit Chiang Mai, someone was asking about bars where tourist oldies might socialize. I asked: you mean non-pay for play bars? People were urging him to try Cooking School. I threw him a bone and suggested The Writer's Bar.

I used to go out quite a bit and drive my car to many places during the Covid hysteria but now with tourism back to normal, I tend to stay near home. And now, it is just to hot, polluted and stinky to go out and socialize. Last year we had allot of rain at this time but this year is the complete opposite.

4 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

I used to go out quite a bit and drive my car to many places during the Covid hysteria but now with tourism back to normal, I tend to stay near home. And now, it is just to hot, polluted and stinky to go out and socialize. Last year we had allot of rain at this time but this year is the complete opposite.

Why do you think this is ?

Is it because you are getting older ?

Or you can't stand the crowds or noise  anymore ?

The longer I'm here, the less I want to do.

Twas a time when I'd be carefully parsing every bowl of Khao Soi Noodles in Chiang Mai, or visiting every night market in Hua Hin. And of course, visiting every last waterfall.

10 months in, I find it hard to leave whatever soi I'm on. Most of the soi's are pretty good, just like the one next to it.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, LaosLover said:

Dance parties? That's a new one.

Like Thai-dancing? That's gonna be a no from me, Dawg.

Yes ,I saw older gay farangs dancing to techno type music last time I walked through jomtien , they seemed to be European older very fit looking tourist guys with bodybuilder type physical but they were out late at night at their age .

Maybe they still do clubbing in Germany or wherever they come from at their age and good luck to them ,I'm jealous 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

But don't you envy those old farangs 60plus who actually go out to be involved in things like songkran or dance parties ,etc 

I say dance parties because last time I was there I saw a Gay pride party in the street going in for several days in jomtien and I saw old farangs all topless dressing like teenagers dancing to techno music 

I don't go to your sort of parties, especially for several days of it, but you carry on, petal........????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think it's a lot more fun to be surrounded by girls who like to make us happy. 

You pay them money.  What did you think would happen? 

Unlike you, I prefer to be surrounded by women.  

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1