The meaning of the stamp in my passport

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Do not use Poi Pet under any circumstances. 

If you have a visa eg METV on ME Non O or reentry permit.  ....Maybe.

Even then avoid. 

Agree, as I've never heard anyone speak good about PP crossing.   Officers on both sides not known to be the friendliest.   Overworked & stressed out.

I used to use Nong Khai/Vientiane. Laos for overnights or turn arounds & Ranong/Myanmar, my preferred turn around point, and would plan my to or from Phuket around that 90 day pulse check.

As you state, does explain a lot now, though (assuming) staying on covid extension for so long, didn't help his case.  Only strange thing is, stamped using  'insufficient funds' clause.

Oh well ....

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

My comments re Poi Pet are directed at Farang crossing at that border. 

@Sherylis familiar with that crossing and perhaps can provide you with advice. 

It is a dreadful crossing,  and difficult for Cambodians as well. Among other things they are all now forced to pay extra to go through a "VIP" channel...even migrant workers with appropriate visas. Costs them about 3 days pay to do so.

But I can't imagine why a Laotian would use it since it is on the Cambodian, not Lao, border. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/24/2023 at 3:10 AM, Caldera said:

Yeah you can get lucky, they tend to be lazy and don't really want to do the extensive paperwork.

How did the Cambodians react to this though? Considering that you had to go back to get your exit stamp canceled. Twice. Did they extract any money from you?

First time I tried to go back later on in the day and the cambodians said it's very unlikely they'll let me back in so they won't stamp me out. The day after they tried charging me. I just said no. They took me aside and made me sit in a small room outside of an office. Then of course they come again saying I need to pay. Just kept saying no and eventually they just let me go. I just took a taxi to Siem Reap airport and flew back in.

• Thumbs Up 1