TM30 2 Night Stay Out Of Province

To be quite honest, I'd have asked the Homestay owner not to tell Immigration about your stay so as not to have to bother with the TM30 in Sukhothai and CM. In my province they only want to know if I leave the country and return. They don't care about going to another province.

Edited by renaissanc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As of about 11am today I have received information from an impeccable source that when I return back to CM I need do nothing as CM Immigration only want new TM30 if you are returning from overseas. I am prepared to do nothing and report my next 90 days by way of the drive through early July knowing all should be good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/25/2023 at 5:44 PM, Basso53 said:

As of about 11am today I have received information from an impeccable source that when I return back to CM I need do nothing as CM Immigration only want new TM30 if you are returning from overseas. I am prepared to do nothing and report my next 90 days by way of the drive through early July knowing all should be good. 

good luck with that. My 90 day was refused by CM Imm and I was sent away to get new tm30 after staying at a hotel in Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

As of about 11am today I have received information from an impeccable source that when I return back to CM I need do nothing as CM Immigration only want new TM30 if you are returning from overseas

Perhaps all the folk that deal with CM should show those crackpots in immigration to read change in TM30 rules in this link.

Specifically point 2.2

https://aseannow.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=689586

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

It is only when you re-enter Thailand on a new Visa or Visa-Exempt, that Immigration requires a new TM-30 for the address where you are staying. 

When you travel domestically or re-enter Thailand with a Re-Entry Permit that protects the permission to stay from your Visa/extension, there should be no need to provide Immigration with a new TM-30. 

However, there have been several posts now that CM is not abiding by the June 30, 2020 changes in the TM-30 regulations that make it clear that it is not required to issue a new TM-30 when you return to your official address for Immigration purposes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2023 at 11:58 PM, still kicking said:

Let me ask a question do tourists need a TM30 report as well? I will be in Thailand again next month staying in a private place for about 2 weeks, then 1 week in Pattaya hotel and then after that 1 night in BKK. I guess all the hotels know what to do but in the private place they would not have a clue.

As a tourist you do not need to worry about TM-30.  The only time you will be confronted with it, is if you apply for an extension of stay at the Imm Office.  Then Immigration will need proof of the address you are staying.  So before going to Immigration ask the Hotel/Guesthouse where you are staying for a copy of the TM-30 notification they are required to make of you staying there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, beau thai said:

good luck with that. My 90 day was refused by CM Imm and I was sent away to get new tm30 after staying at a hotel in Thailand.

How long ago was this? Drive through 90 day report or online?

On 4/24/2023 at 6:12 PM, Basso53 said:

My stay in Sukhothai is beginning to be filled with too many questions in my head. Only recent on retirement extension in CM  and have done 2 90 day reports. Can any learned person out there please tell me what to do 

No need for stress.

I did PM you a comprehensive document on how to register your address on the IO TM-30 website, which allows to then issue a TM-30 of any foreigner (including yourself) staying at the premises. Registering will take approx 1/2 hour, and first TM-30 will also take something like that (learning curve), but once it has been set up it takes less than 2 minutes to issue a TM-30.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for that. I am now back in CM from Sukhothai and will do my next 90 day report early July without doing anything else in the meanwhile. On the day of reporting via the Immigration drive through I will see what happens; nothing or something. If there is BS about my stay out of province I will then action your information. Again many thanks for your information.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Basso53 said:

How long ago was this? Drive through 90 day report or online?

online but it will surely be the same at drive in, if the principle is recording where they can find you via tm30 data . about 6 months ago.

Not the same thing, but I'm rejected on line doing 90 day reports because of having my retirement extension from another province,  but drive through okay as the local TM 30 receipt can be sighted in the rear of my passport. I will put it to the test early July as a learning experience and accept negative/positive response.

On 4/25/2023 at 7:11 AM, Thailand said:

Officer confirmed that this was not required if returning from abroad to same address, only if returning from another province where your stay has been reported.

Truly bizarre. For a start how would you know for certain that your stay in another province has been reported?  Most places I've stayed have taken a copy of photo of passport id page. I never gave it much thought as that happens in many countries if you are a foreign tourist

My extension of stay commenced early October last. Before last Christmas I left Thailand staying a couple of nights in an airport hotel, returning in January I did the same. So stayed in a different Province twice as well as leaving the country. Both hotels copied my passport. No TM30 done on my return home. Approaching 90 days I registered for online reporting then did the report. A few days later I received confirmation and notice of next report date from Kalasin IO.

• Thumbs Up 1