Atm Limit ?

Guest madcow

Guest madcow

I am in the process of transferring large amounts of cash from bank accounts in Oz to Thailand

through ATM,s , even though my card limits are $2000 a day , I seem only to be able to draw

20,000 baht at one time .

Can anyone tell me if all banks , ATM,s are the same 20,000 limit or are some more .

If you go inside the bank you should be able to draw much more on your card, possibly even the total amount required (take your passport as ID).

As others have said Bangkok Bank ATMs will dispense 25 notes, everyone else does 20.

a better question would be why is the guy doing what he is doing.

True. .cos he'll be getting hit for overseas withdrawal costs with every single transactions back in Australia. My Bank of New Zealand account charges me around 200 baht for every overseas ATM withdrawal on the rare occasions I use it.

I am in the process of transferring large amounts of cash from bank accounts in Oz to Thailand

through ATM,s , even though my card limits are $2000 a day , I seem only to be able to draw

20,000 baht at one time .

Can anyone tell me if all banks , ATM,s are the same 20,000 limit or are some more .

I actually asked BB to limit my withdrawel amount to 40000/day..just I case..was offered much more if I wanted it but declined. Have tested it and its limited at that amount no matter what combination I try.

This is cash card with BB savings account..yes savings about 1% interest!