Which destination my girlfriend and I should go?

WanderlustJoy

Luang Prubang, Laos by a mile. It's beautiful, it's low traffic, the 5* dining options come at 3* prices. A handful of unusual wats for sightseeing, a couple fun 1/2 day trips. My wife agrees that it was the most romantic, couple-ish place we ever went to.

There's an area where you cross a little bridge from one of the riversides, and it's very plush and eden-like for a sexy getaway.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Myanmar, not cheap (as for hotels), but also closeby, and certainly an adventure...

Our resident, on the ground reporter says not a great time to go there. So does Google. That whole civil war thing.

Love the place, but it's def a bit of work; the opposite of a love-fest. And that hot air balloon ride over Bagan costs $500.

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

Our resident, on the ground reporter says not a great time to go there. So does Google. That whole civil war thing.

Love the place, but it's def a bit of work; the opposite of a love-fest. And that hot air balloon ride over Bagan costs $500.

$100 in Vang Vieng.

On 4/27/2023 at 10:27 AM, bignok said:

4x Thailand prices. Why would you want to ski?

Because Skiing and Snowboarding is cool; and it's nice to spend some time in the mountains with the cold fresh air. 

where are you located now ?

is your gf Thai ?   

do you mean travel inside Thailand somewhere ?

Do you mean Laos, Cambodia or Vietnam for instance ?

Are you thinking traveling by bus or flying ?

Are you looking at anywhere in Asia ? 

How many days/nights ?

Your question is very vague as there are many places to see and visit but it all comes down to cost, distance and interests.

Edited by steven100
  • Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, MichaelHunt said:

I second Luang Prabang, as it is a lovely place - and a Thai would feel comfortable there with the food and the language and the culture.

Another couple of very nice places in the region are Sapa and Dalat in Vietnam. 

Nearly everyone loves Luang Prabang. Your brother must be called Hugh.

Laos Luang Prabang , Mekong river lovely temples.  then to Siem Reap Cambodia to see Angkor Wat at sunrise and Sundown. Then Thailand , either Ayutthaya ot Sukhothai which ever suits you better. Chiang Mai , trecking  trip or not, but not in the high pollution season ( slash and burn). A few days to end up in Bangkok and really see the historical sights, All this can be done by bus if you have time . If not ,eliminate Laos and or Cambodia.

if you want to spend a few days on a gorgeous beach or small island, head to TRAT, take the ferry to Koh Chang, from there are many idyllic islands. Play Robinson Crusoe !!Easybto get to from,Cambodia or Bangkok by bus . There are flights nearly everywhere of course. 
All depends you’re budget and preferences. 

1 minute ago, geisha said:

Laos Luang Prabang , Mekong river lovely temples.  then to Siem Reap Cambodia to see Angkor Wat at sunrise and Sundown. Then Thailand , either Ayutthaya ot Sukhothai which ever suits you better. Chiang Mai , trecking  trip or not, but not in the high pollution season ( slash and burn). A few days to end up in Bangkok and really see the historical sights, All this can be done by bus if you have time . If not ,eliminate Laos and or Cambodia.

if you want to spend a few days on a gorgeous beach or small island, head to TRAT, take the ferry to Koh Chang, from there are many idyllic islands. Play Robinson Crusoe !!Easybto get to from,Cambodia or Bangkok by bus . There are flights nearly everywhere of course. 
All depends you’re budget and preferences. 

All of that would take 25 to 30 days without rushing.

9 minutes ago, bignok said:

Is it even working yet? He talked about it 10 years ago.

No flights yet, but for only $150k USD deposit per person you can reserve your seats now.

...if that flight goes well, Virgin Galactic said it is prepared to commence commercial service during the second quarter of 2023.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/04/after-nearly-two-years-virgin-galactics-space-plane-returns-to-the-sky/#:~:text=And if that flight goes,with the Italian Air Force.

Edited by spongeworthy

2 minutes ago, spongeworthy said:

Sounds dodgy. Holiday in Laos for 500 years on 150k.

Edited by bignok
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hate it when "someone" asks a question and then never returns to the thread... 

All too common occurrence, not only here. Still, it’s odd that the OP turned up in the first place.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Firstly thanks for your replies while I took some time offline! I have been back researching on google and came across this guide https://easyworldtravels.com/best-holiday-destinations-for-young-couples/ so my girlfriend and I have booked to check out Bali for 14 days in August. After Bali we plan to travel on from there for another 2 weeks somewhere else.

Anyone been to Bali and have any recommendations for must see places? (I'll keep notifications turned on this time so I can follow the replies ???? )

Edited by WanderlustJoy
  • Sad 1

Suggest you both turn left out of the kitchen, climb the stairs, walk towards the last bedroom, enter - de-clothe ...... and there you will find satisfying adventure that will create unforgettable memories where you can indulge in activities that would deepen our bond.

No need to spend loads of dosh!

If you want to go sight-seeing without breaking the bank. Hanoi wins hands own.

Boat trip in Halong Bay

Train and then hire bicycles (just outside the station) then cycle to Ninh Binh and Tam Coc for the lake and cave rowing trip.

Walking food tour.

Walking cultural tour.

Even the lake in the centre of Hanoi is nice..

• Like 2