Bit of simple advice needed, please!!

34 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

But to revisit the most important question.... you think it's a minefield to just go myself with no agent help?

It has been so long since I went to Ban Laem that I hesitate to venture an opinion. However, I do not believe you would encounter major problems. At worst, you might have to contribute small bribes, probably not even that. Look clean, have a pleasant demeanour, and discuss any requested unofficial fees pleasantly and with a smile. Ignore any "fixers" who claim you cannot cross without their help until this is proven to really be true (unlikely).

• Thanks 1

Just checked my Google Maps Timeline (that is quite a cool fixture) and the border was Ban Pakkad.  I was impressed,  even the Thai immigration cop I had was pleasant. Loads of help people running around......

Just so you know! 

????????

• Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, david1806 said:

Hi all....

Quick update for those interested.

Bus picked me up from my condo. Everyone pleasant and more importantly, quiet. Got to border about 9.15am. Immigration both sides really friendly, lots of little helpers running around. Apart from queuing which was a bit of a ball ache, plus a dinner on way home....all went smooth. Got back about 3pm. DEFINITELY the way to go for me......

3900 baht, but of course, bumped into someone I know last night,  who can get exactly the same service for 2,600 baht!!  It's also out there at 5,500 baht. I hate shopping around, but seriously, these Visa services vary wildly in prices. 

Cheers all! ????????

What agent does this for 2,600?

I've been to both Ban Pakkard and Ban Laem recently within past 5? months.

Only 2 differences I saw/ know of:

1. Laem was much quicker due to much less crowded border (went to both same day).

Pakkard was a 4 hour Disney line esque wait on both sides.

Laem was 25 minutes (but did have vip treatment) but without it probably would've been only about an hour.

2. And this is a big one.  If you have passport hiccups, Laem is the one that can help you navigate thru that.  Have an agent that goes there frequently of course.  

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

That might be a price quote that excludes the Cambodian visa-on-arrival and fee for same day return.

That's exactly what I said! But nope, he reckons it includes it.....mad eh? So I popped down to see him last night (young Russian chap - one of the nice ones!) but he wasn't working.....he runs a cannabis cafe. I mean who knows, maybe he's been smoking too much of his own product (I don't smoke btw), but I'll know for sure very soon and will let you guys know.  

Also later I'll let you know the company I used for 3,900. That's if I'm allowed to post businesses and their services here.....?

????????

16 hours ago, BritTim said:

That might be a price quote that excludes the Cambodian visa-on-arrival and fee for same day return.

I know of 3 that do it for 3000 total.  Used both.

2 been doing runs for almost 20 years I understand.  So, not out of the realm to be 2600. 

2 go to Ban Pakkard and the other Ban Laem.

• Thanks 1

The 3,900 one is called Translation Center....I think? That's on the sign on wall anyway. It's on the second connecting soi between Soi 4 and 5, coming from the top end down towards the beach, Pratumnak Hill.  Next door to a very popular Thai restaurant. 

6 hours ago, david1806 said:

So I popped down to see him last night (young Russian chap - one of the nice ones!) but he wasn't working.....he runs a cannabis cafe. I mean who knows, maybe he's been smoking too much of his own product (I don't smoke btw), but I'll know for sure very soon and will let you guys know.  

So he works and runs a cannabis cafe but he does a visa exempt border run...something not right with that story ???? 

On 4/29/2023 at 4:39 PM, Dart12 said:

it would be under my own transport.

ok. fee would be roughly 1500 baht at the borders if all is done kosher without an agent.

More so wondering the difficulties exiting and re-entering at the border if on my own.

My Agent price is good. 

But the vans, even the newest ones...have been packed full. 

And they have No leg room.  I ACHE eventually pretty bad during the trip in the legs and my back.

I remember swearing to myself not to do that to myself again last time. 

Plus, all the agents seem to get there about same time...it was like an additional 4 hours standing in lines.

It's an absolute miserable day.

Unfortunately, I have to make one more trek to get the needed time to process a long term visa again.

But to revisit the most important question.... you think it's a minefield to just go myself with no agent help?

o

Just took a friend of mine to Ban Pakkad last week, never crossed the border, one of the Cambodian workers took care of everything all in 2000 baht, that was for the visa, all paperwork and not having to do a border crossing

12 hours ago, flexomike said:

Just took a friend of mine to Ban Pakkad last week, never crossed the border, one of the Cambodian workers took care of everything all in 2000 baht, that was for the visa, all paperwork and not having to do a border crossing

Sounds wonderful, but not so sure how I also get lucky enough to find this VIP concierge?
You get his number?

I'd honestly pay EXTRA not to do the lines and the eyeball dress downs.

2 hours ago, Dart12 said:

Sounds wonderful, but not so sure how I also get lucky enough to find this VIP concierge?
You get his number?

I personally drove my friend to Ban Pakkad, sorry don't do taxi service  .m

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dart12 said:

You get his number?

Trust me, these people will find you. It is how they make their daily bread. A bigger issue is that those who want to do the in-out themselves without extra charges need to dodge these folks (who can be very convincing in their stories that you will have problems if you do not use their service).

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Dart12 said:

I meant the cambodian that gave the VIP border service...not the car ride ????

sorry, misunderstood, all I can remember was that it was a younger lady, could speak English quite well, I don't think you would have any issues with anyone who would be helping you there,

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, flexomike said:

so u paid double what it should be. ( visa is $30)

5 hours ago, zzzzz said:

so u paid double what it should be. ( visa is $30)

If I did it myself, I would expect it to cost around 1,300 baht bearing in mind the bribe to be allowed same day return. You might possibly manage a little less.

Jeez, what's up with some of the people on this forum? Are some of you really that bored, you have nothing better to do than post pointless replies? Get a <deleted> life......yeah, I said it....????????????????????

And no, nothing wrong with the "story" about guy in cannabis cafe..... him and his brother just unofficially help out there to bring the customers in. Not that that has any relevance to anything, but whatever...