TM.30/TM.6 confusion

I just re-entered Thailand from a 2-day trip to Malaysia. It was uneventful; the immigration officer simply stamped me in on a visa-exempt entry. 

But now I have my landlady urging me to update my TM.30. The thing is, when I study a TM.30, I see that it is a form that is meant to be filled out and submitted by the Thai property owner, not by me as a foreigner. So why would I have to update it? It sounds like the landlord/owner's responsibility.

I think I've gotten her to agree that it is she who has to submit it, but she (correctly) points out that one thing the form requires is a TM.6 (arrival card) number, and she says I need to give that to her. The problem with that is, no one ever presented me with a TM.6 anywhere... not on the plane I was on coming back from Malaysia today, or anywhere else. It has never been mentioned. I recall that in the distant past these were handed out on the plane as it approached Thailand to land, but I have not seen that happen at all on my current trip (which started in October last year). 

I finally gave her a photograph of the Receipt of Notification that I was given on my last trip to Immigration, and she says that this is what they need to update. But I don't think she understands the process any better than I do.

2 minutes ago, proton said:

If returning to the same address on a re entry permit and the same passport there is no need to do another TM30

That's correct, but OP wrote that he was stamped in on a visa-exempt entry, so his local Imm Office needs to be notified of the address where he is staying using a TM-30.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

That's correct, but OP wrote that he was stamped in on a visa-exempt entry, so his local Imm Office needs to be notified of the address where he is staying using a TM-30.

May depend on the office. I have had the same TM30 since 2015 and had several new visas since then but always a visa and the same address, wouldn't know about visa exempt.

Came back last Aug on a new E-visa, got an extension and done 90 day twice online, TM30 not an issue. However not something to be taken for granted, a change in staff could be a different ball game.