British support for the monarchy is apparently at an all time low

Just now, Hummin said:

Oh, every Kingdom have their princess or prince who go way out of the line. 

We got Martha who now Engaged to Durek!

We will see how well it goes for UK, first Brex it, now this ????

Oh,  the Brexit ploy, how tiresome..................:coffee1:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, transam said:

Does your country have a King or Queen.....?

British born and bred, me. Hopefully one day I can say "no" to that question.

2 hours ago, transam said:

As for the Brit anti Monarchy blokes above, I think you will see on May 6th, the resounding pleasure given by the British people to the event, to our countries centuries of King's and Queen's coronations, whilst you have your envious noses stuck in a beer glass......????

Not envious at all. I feel sorry for them. As I said previously, I think they'd be far happier if the monarchy were abolished.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Timbob said:

Not envious at all. I feel sorry for them. As I said previously, I think they'd be far happier if the monarchy were abolished.  

????..........Really, why do you think that.............?    ????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You must be fun to be around, really?

Actually I am, but on a more serious note, I don't like, know nothing folk  slagging off the UK monarchy, especially falling back on Brexit......Really sad....:unsure:

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Timbob said:

Because they seem deeply unhappy and dysfunctional. If the charade was ended they could live their own true lives, like their aristocratic chums away from the public gaze. I pity them. 

That wouldn’t happen. The media frenzy about them would continue far into the future.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Actually I am, but on a more serious note, I don't like, know nothing folk  slagging off the UK monarchy, especially falling back on Brexit......Really sad....:unsure:

It was just a note, you guys have alot to struggle with. well Boris have stepped down, so maybe, or maybe not there is a future for Great Britain.

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

That wouldn’t happen. The media frenzy about them would continue far into the future.

Yes, you're right because the British press are an absolute cesspit. But they wouldn't have to play the game any longer.

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

It was just a note, you guys have alot to struggle with. well Boris have stepped down, so maybe, or maybe not there is a future for Great Britain.

Don't you worry about the UK, it's been around for quite a while....????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Timbob said:

But that is just your opinion and shared by quite a few, though IMHO, not by the majority of people.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, transam said:

Don't you worry about the UK, it's been around for quite a while....????

Well, times turned everything around, didn't it? 

As long we humans cultivate, and believe in stupid things that makes us dumber, there is no hope, especially when we take a debate like this personally, and even defend those establishment, and want them to continue the circus going, with gold myrra and smoke as entertainment. Use it as a cultural anchor in the society, to make sure people stay focused on their mission, to obey an old institution who used to abuse lower classs, and provide and protect for  the upper class.

Just think about it for one second, what your King represent.

Bring the confused emotions, I do not care ????

Edited by Hummin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

20 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Well, times turned everything around, doesnt it? 

As long we humans cultivate, and believe in stupid things that makes us dumber, there is no hope, especially when we take a debate like this personally, and even defend those establishment, and want them to continue the circus going, with gold myrra and smoke as entertainment. Use it as a cultural anchor in the society, to make sure people stay focused on their mission, to obey an old institution who used to abuse lower classs, and provide and protect for  the upper class.

Obey? You clearly have not even fundamental knowledge of how a constitutional monarchy works.

Also, remember. It is not the royal family that create the entertainment. (A recent book excluded).The "circus" as you put it. That is the media. I'm sure, if they could, they'd love to live a life without cameras being pointed at them everywhere they go.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Obey? You clearly have not even fundamental knowledge of how a constitutional monarchy works.

Also, remember. It is not the royal family that create the entertainment. (A recent book excluded).The "circus" as you put it. That is the media. I'm sure, if they could, they'd love to live a life without cameras being pointed at them everywhere they go.

Where would the love and hate been if no media created and constructed myths, half truths or even the real truth, mentioned last as it is the last thing you get from the media and official channels. 

When it comes to historical evidences on the institutional function of a Monarchy, Im fully aware as well todays function as maskots and someone who comfort and give hope, as well humanize them when they do mistakes. 

There is alot to say about monarchy, my point was, it is sad people need those institutions in their daily lives to feel a meaning, give hope and comfort.

Not to mention how big business it is for the monarchy itself. 

I know the old Queen did a great job to maintain the role as a head of the state symbol.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

Where would the love and hate been if no media created and constructed myths, half truths or even the real truth, mentioned last as it is the last thing you get from the media and official channels. 

When it comes to historical evidences on the institutional function of a Monarchy, Im fully aware as well todays function as maskots and someone who comfort and give hope, as well humanize them when they do mistakes. 

There is alot to say about monarchy, my point was, it is sad people need those institutions in their daily lives to feel a meaning, give hope and comfort.

Not to mention how big business it is for the monarchy itself. 

I know the old Queen did a great job to maintain the role as a head of the state symbol.

Oh dear. Now you are thinking for others too.

Sad.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Oh dear. Now you are thinking for others too.

Sad.

Open your mind, and see, but,,, for those who do not want to see, everything stays the same, no change no progress.

We are basically living the same way people who lived when Alexander the great ruled. Same mechanisms, same politics, rewards and punishment, except we have progressed a tiny bit more on equal humanity, and in technology. Except from that, we are manipulated to believe, think and act as they want us to do, to keep the institutions safe.

I do not say it is wrong, because we lack a better model to live by.

This mechanism is what make us unite and pull in same direction. 

Thats how we are, and what we collectivively need  to survive, and not on a free thinking individual level.

It have proved itself for humanity since first civilization.

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Because of your outlook on your own life, I can only sympathise.

However, please don't include me in your "we". I am stronger willed and make my own way in life.

That was constructive reply, especially when you claim "You clearly have not even fundamental knowledge of how a constitutional monarchy works"

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

Well, times turned everything around, didn't it? 

I really don't know what you are on about, it reads like you have a chip on your shoulder, perhaps because you were not born into anything.

I am not particularly a monarchist, but I support anything that made GB/UK great, centuries of turning a small union country into something the world knows about, our history.

Sadly, there have always been UK folk who are against anything in the UK, even its history, and want to change it for something like the USSR, China, whatever.

A King or Queen represents our history, is an Ambassador that the world respects, and so does the majority of the UK.

If you don't like the Kingdom, then I am sure there are countries out there that will take you in with open arms, but no, you would not want to lose what your Kingdom does and has done for you......????

But chin-up, have fun on Megan & Harry's fan club, eh....:clap2:

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

I really don't know what you are on about, it reads like you have a chip on your shoulder, perhaps because you were not born into anything.

I am not particularly a monarchist, but I support anything that made GB/UK great, centuries of turning a small union country into something the world knows about, our history.

Sadly, there have always been UK folk who are against anything in the UK, even its history, and want to change it for something like the USSR, China, whatever.

A King or Queen represents our history, is an Ambassador that the world respects, and so does the majority of the UK.

If you don't like the Kingdom, then I am sure there are countries out there that will take you in with open arms, but no, you would not want to lose what your Kingdom does and has done for you......????

But chin-up, have fun on Megan & Harry's fan club, eh....:clap2:

Thats clever, start your reply with an insult, and continue with no essense in what I wrote. Sad statue really and a poor attempt to redicule me with the fan club. Bravo

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Open your mind, and see, but,,, for those who do not want to see, everything stays the same, no change no progress.

We are basically living the same way people who lived when Alexander the great ruled. Same mechanisms, same politics, rewards and punishment, except we have progressed a tiny bit more on equal humanity, and in technology. Except from that, we are manipulated to believe, think and act as they want us to do, to keep the institutions safe.

I do not say it is wrong, because we lack a better model to live by.

This mechanism is what make us unite and pull in same direction. 

Thats how we are, and what we collectivively need  to survive, and not on a free thinking individual level.

It have proved itself for humanity since first civilization.

Good grief man, are you a commy.............:1zgarz5:

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I never understand why a civilized modern western country has this system.

Just seems so arrogant and lordiness.  

Perhaps because we British are not American, Chinese or Russian......:intheclub:

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1